Quantcast

mspecperformance

Autel MaxiSys and MaxiSys mini, thoughts?

Just wondering if anyone on here has good experience with these units. We have manufacturer specific scan tools however we like to have a few general all purpose scanners available. We currently have the older Autel DS708 which is decent but rather slow. I also have a Launch GDS still in box brand new that I got for a pretty good price but I have yet to use it. One of my techs had experience using one and said in his words, "feels like a toy and crashes a lot." The new MaxiSys looks fast and capable. Anyone own one? Thoughts?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Truett
      Just looking into a new tool. Have used a torch for 40 years, but have been hearing good things about the Mini Ductor series of tools. Anyone have experience with these and how much you paid and where.
    • By HarrytheCarGeek
      We are praying for our brothers and sisters down in TX. We have sent supplies to Austin, and hoping we can help in whatever way we can.
    • By xrac
      I just read this below on Facebook. Please send your thoughts and prayers to our friend. He posted this yesterday.

Yesterday at 8:30pm · Tulsa, OK ·    Ok, FB friends. This has not been a great week. Severe chest pains led to a trip to the ER. Two different hospitals later it has been determined the blood flow is blocked. Monday they'll be performing a complete bypass on the old ticker. So, old Gonzo will be out of commission for a while. This is a big life changing event. But I'm up for it. More news later.
    • By Jay Huh
      Hey guys, my shop is becoming pretty successful and it runs pretty well without me being there (most of the time), should run flawlessly if I hire another advisor for when I'm not there.

Owner of a building of a 5 bay garage 1995 sq/ft contacted me to see if I want to rent it out for $2400/mo. Currently leasing a 3000 sq/ft 6 bay garage about 20 miles away for $4100/mo. I have a reliable employee that recently quit bc of the distance he was driving and the new location is only 15min away so I have people to work lined up and this one is 10min from my house oppesed to 45 min for my current shop. My current shop has a 5 yr lease so not planning on giving anything up.

I have a good brand image and a strong reputation. Google alone 82 reviews 4.9 rating.

Profitability wise I just got to the point of being able to pay myself salary. Is it too risky? Headache worth it? Thoughts?
    • By alfredauto
      Don't. I tried initializing an intelikey for a Nissan and it turned into a no start. Had to tow it to the dealer. The scan tool isn't fully functional. Just a heads up.

I'll spare the details but I had the Nissan service dept walk me through each step and the problem was Autels software.
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors