Quantcast

EXP Frank

New Website, need opinions please

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By nge
      Hey everyone,

I was recently having a conversation over lunch with a college buddy of mine who has a PhD in computer science and owns a web development company we were casually talking about business etc and started discussing websites and ROI. This got me thinking about my shops site and how efficient we are in tracking the ROI. We currently use Autoshop solutions (were with them before he started the web company but plan on switching) and pay about $190 a month in web maintenance fees with includes updates, hosting and a portal to login to track views etc but it made me start wondering if I really knew the true ROI of my website. Every month I look at the numbers and the reports and see bounce rate, time per page etc but never really have sat to think what that really means and if my website is serving its purpose (to capture the attention of and bring in new customers). On top of that we have our adwords budget and all in all I feel like we are just throwing money out there hoping it will stick and assuming that the site is making us money.

So my question is how is everyone else tracking the ROI of their website?

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what is the typical amount (or rough estimate) you pay monthly for web maintenance (if you have it) and do you feel like you are getting your money's worth from your hosting company? My buddy has offered me an opportunity to come into his business (I have a background in IT as well) and to offer some insight in capturing some business from the automotive industry but I just wanted to get a feel for the problems which you guys are facing today to see if I am the only one with these questions and issues or if this could be an industry issue worth pursuing.

Thanks!
    • By Alex
      We've created this section here for you to post your shop website. This is a great way to get some feedback and suggestions from your peers.

Please post relevant automotive shop websites only. Any posts including non automotive shop websites will be moderated and removed.

Thank you.

• By Joe Marconi
      Below is a link to an article in Ratchet and Wrench Magazine about what Valvoline is doing about the tech shortage.  The aftermarket needs to look at social media and other unconventional ways to bring techs to our industry. 
      https://www.ratchetandwrench.com/articles/7471-Valvoline-launches-auto-career-platform
    • By ratchetandwrench
      Does your shop use a chatbot on your website, or do you have a chatbot on your Facebook page? 

If so, what has your experience been like? 
    • By Zs Automotive
      Hi, everyone

I just opened an auto repair shop about 4 months ago, but I'm still working my full time job as a tech therefore I open the shop from 4 pm until 9pm M-F and 8-5 on Saturday. I'm starting to build customers but most are from referrals and neighbors I don't get much traffic cars. I'm starting to think that the hours I'm open don't really work for the auto repair business seems like after 6 everything dies. Has anyone worked this kind of hours or what do you guys think about this odd hours.
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors