Quantcast

ATLAuto

Filters (air, cabin, oil, etc)

Who are you guys using to stock your air / oil / cabin / etc filters? We are looking to start keeping a decent inventory on hand, so we never need to call the parts store. Curious on anyone's experience here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Customer's buying their own parts

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and was looking for this subject but couldn't find it. Sorry If I'm posted something that's already been discussed. I own a brake shop in Austin, TX. We do anywhere from 10-20 brake jobs a day. We only do brakes so I don't know how much full service auto shops deal with this problem but... Customers are constantly calling in claiming they've bought the best parts or they want to provide their own parts because they've done research and know what is best. This drives me crazy. First of all they don't know whats best. Then after being told no they get offended and act like tons of shops allow this. What is the best way to handle these customers? Just send them away? I'll quote them a price using our parts and they act as though its a rip off. What shops are doing this for their customers? I feel like I'm letting jobs get away from me. Any experience with this?

By Jonathan Ganther, in General Automotive Discussion

• 78 replies
    • Broken Parts

Are you guys charging your techs for parts they break? In the past we have never made our techs pay for something they broke, the shop did and talked to the tech about what they need to do to prevent this in the future. It's getting old though. 2 weeks ago one young tech back a mirror into a pole so we bought a new mirror. This week, a different tech while removing a fuel tank, didn't discount the fuel lines on top first and ended up dropping the tank too fast and broke the fuel sending unit. On this truck that is a $300+ part that we are now eating on a $500 ticket. I want to tell the tech he is responsible, and will have to pay the shop back for the part. What say you? 

By ADP, in General Automotive Discussion

• 6 replies
    • [Brand Choice] Automotive Oil Filters

Oil filters are one of those important parts categories that every shop usually stocks, to turn bays faster and offer an oil change service as a way to capture needed maintenance and repairs.  What is your preferred brand of oil filters and why? Are you stocking oil filters in your shop? How do you keep your inventory stocked and updated if you do? Who is your oil filter supplier and why? Are you using a standard or premium oil filter on average? If you service trucks, are you using Heavy Duty filters; Baldwin, Fleetguard, Luberfiner, etc.?

By Alex, in Automotive Products & Services

• 1 reply
    • Parts ordering

Does anyone else get frustrated sourcing parts from multiple vendors because of lack of comprehensive inventory from one supplier? I estimate we spend an extra hour sometimes per day trying to hunt down parts. We always start with our favorite vendor then start going down the list.   Just curious how you guys deal with this problem or if it in fact a problem? Thanks in advance, Scott

By kbomb, in General Automotive Discussion

• 6 replies
    • GM Dealer Parts Warranty??? What Would You Do???

Is there a way to get GM to pay labor warranty? I have a customer's 2005 Chevrolet SSR 6.0L Automatic. Oil pan threads were stripped and we got a new oil pan from local Chevrolet dealer (very pricey) and labor intensive. When I got the oil pan new in the box, it had metal shavings from the casting marks to which we cleaned out and it was fine. We installed the oil pan and after putting some mileage on it, we noticed oil on the ground. After lifting it up we discovered that the oil pan has factory casting marks and oil was literally seeping through the bottom of the pan through the casting mark. The tech is not happy, I am not happy and I'm about to call the customer to tell them the news so they won't be happy paying for more rental car time. I called the parts department from the dealer that I purchased from and told them what happened and they can exchange the pan but they don't pay labor. Very frustrating cause of the labor involved and the customer who had a rental car for about a week now and already turned it in today thinking she was getting her car? Is there a way to get labor reimbursement? I already tried the GM 800 number and filed a complaint and they said it would be about 2 business days or whatever before I get a call back from a rep. Does anybody know how to find a local GM rep to come see their crappy product? Joseph

By [email protected], in Automotive Products & Services

• 0 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors