Quantcast

Joe Marconi

Anyone Holding A Car Care Event?

For the past few years I have held some sort of event during the month of April to piggy back National Car Care Month. This year we are holding it with an awareness on tires and safety.

We will have the local Radio Station there to help promote it, we will be grilling hot dogs and burgers and giving away prizes. It does cost money and it's mostly a P.R. day, but we do get a nice bounce after it and since we have been doing it, people will talk about the event the rest of the year.

Has anyone done an event or is thinking about doing one? It does take a little planning, but it's great for the community.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Alex
      Auto Care Association Supports Supreme Court Decision Allowing States to Collect Online Sales Tax
      POSTED BY AUTO CARE NEWS ON JUNE 21, 2018 The Auto Care Association applauds today’s decision by the Supreme Court to permit states to collect sales tax on purchases of products made over the Internet. The 5-4 decision means that online sellers will now be on a level playing field with brick and mortar retailers regarding charging sales tax. The Auto Care Association had filed an amicus brief with other retail groups urging the Supreme Court to hear the case based on the price advantage that the current system provided on-line sellers. The decision overturns a previous Supreme Court decision that required companies to have a physical presence in the state where the purchaser resided in order to charge sales tax. 

“This is an important decision for many of Auto Care’s retail members and we are pleased that the Supreme Court saw the unfairness in the current system and determined to make everyone play by the same rules,” said Aaron Lowe, senior vice president, regulatory and government affairs, Auto Care Association. “We hope that implementation of the sales tax will be done uniformly across state lines to ensure a fair and efficient system of tax collection.
    • By Joe Marconi
      Has anyone spoken to their insurance agents in regard to health insurance. I briefly saw my insurance agent at the last Chamber of Commerce meeting and he told me he wants to meet with me way before November, when it will time to renew, to discuss all the changes in the new health laws. From what I see in New York, rates are going up and coverages will not be the same.

• By HarrytheCarGeek
      I toyed with the idea of issuing the car care club cards, but never got around to doing it.

Does anyone have any experience running one?

If you do, care to share some pro/cons?

Thanks!
    • By mastertechlex
      any suggestions on motivating techs to take better care of shop equipment?
    • By Joe Marconi
      This is good news for the aftermarket industry. All too often we hear about new car dealers and car manufacturer twisting and abusing the Magnuson Moss Act, making claims or making consumers think that they have to use OE parts or that dealer service is required under the new car warranty period.

Click on the link below, I urge to read the article. We need to make our customers understand this too. The fact is a consumer has the choice where to have their new car serviced. No car company can require an OE part of dealer service, unless the dealer or car company offers it at no charge to the consumer.

Here's the link:

http://www.searchautoparts.com/aftermarket-business/news-distribution/auto-care-association-applauds-ftc-settlement-bmw-warranties?cid=95879
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors