Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
Unilube

Estimates

Hello! I would like some other auto repair shop owners opinion regarding how to make estimates for services & repairs. We have in the past itemized our estimates for customers (how much the part is and how much the labor is). But we have soon noticed that once the customer sees the price of the part, they get frustrated. For example, front brake pads parts: $79.99, Labor : $85. They claim "I can get the same part from an auto parts store for $30 bucks." What are you thoughts and how do you handle the estimate making process? An opinions for customers who tend to negotiate with prices?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions!

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      The mild fall appears to have caused a slow down for many shops. We have seen this before.  But, winter tempertures are here, and the threat of snow will boost repair shops.  
    • By smittysgarae
      Wanting some opinions. I have been having a problem the last couple years with customers approving repairs and when we get the job done and call them for them to come pick up and pay they either don’t have the money all of a sudden or say they will come get it and don’t. It may sit there for months, I had one sit for two years that owed 3000 dollars. Finally got my money! Just wondering what some of you guys do? Thought of charging storage after so many days? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      The other day, a customer asked my service advisor, if he would price match a set of tires.  This customer got an online quote from the internet; a local TIre Store know for discouting tires. 
      My rule, I don't price match. My prices are competive and fair. 
      Would you price match just to get the job, and sacrifice profit?   Remember, no one really knows the true cost of any service or repair until the car is in the shop.  So, internet quotes are not set in stone.   
    • By Joe Marconi
      Years back we never considered the car dealer a threat. But today it's different.  After the great recession, the dealers that survived understand that in order to thrive they need one thing….the independent aftermarket consumer.  In other words, your customers. 
      New car dealers today are more competitive, their customer service has improved, they make a big deal at the time of the sale to get that customer back to the dealer for service, and they are very proactive with giving away oil changes and selling maintenance packages.
      Your customer may be loyal, but under the spell of very convincing salesperson, a new car buyer just might cross over to the dark side.
      What are you doing to retain your customers?
    • By Alex
      Google search rolled out an update that now shows a website's favicon next to the search results on desktop, which started on mobile in May. 
      https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/9290858?hl=en

Interesting read: https://www.androidcentral.com/google-search-results-desktop-now-include-favicons
      What you need to know
      Google is making some changes to the way search results are shown on the desktop. Starting this week, search results will be displayed alongside icons for the websites they link to. The redesign was propagated to mobile devices last year.

• By Joe Marconi, in Automotive Management,

By Joe Marconi, in Automotive Management,

By Joe Marconi, in Selling Automotive Repair,

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors