Quantcast

Start LLC for $0 at IncFile

How Many of You Take Home $150,000 or More Per Year?

xrac

How Many of You Take Home $150,000 or More Per Year?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

The number of federal workers earning $150,000 or more a year has soared tenfold in the past five years and doubled since President Obama took office, a USA TODAY analysis finds. The fast-growing pay of federal employees has captured the attention of fiscally conservative Republicans who won control of the U.S. House of Representatives in last week's elections. Already, some lawmakers are planning to use the lame-duck session that starts Monday to challenge the president's plan to give a 1.4% across-the-board pay raise to 2.1 million federal workers.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-11-10-1Afedpay10_ST_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

How can this be? Is this a way to stick it to us a little more and show the power of the oval office? When will we wake up?

Sounds like more Obama economics , give the federal workers more money out of the taxpayers pockets in the hope they alone can stimulate the economy

The most frightening data is that effective this year, there are more Federal/municipality workers then private workers. There are 61% Federal/State/local government workers and 39% private. So if you consider that government workers don't really add to the economy but just take from the economy plus 20% of the of the population that just take (welfare, etc) that leaves few private workers supporting the entire country. We have become servants to the governments. Government workers have better pensions, better pay and better benefits.

If this doesn't concern you then look at France where 81% of the workers are government workers.

If I made 150k I would take a year off to go ridin!

Glad I'm not alone.......interestingly enough, I would also take a year off and go ridin'!! I'd take my sons as well. We'd race every Amateur National MX race across the country - on new bikes! (If I made more than 150k or even 150k!!)

What do you ride?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By carmcapriotto
      If only we had a crystal ball to peak at the next 5 years. As a shop owner, you might still be booked out 2-3 weeks, but with gas prices, inflation, the great resignation, interest rates, and new and used car costs, what do you need to pay attention to in the short term to continue to be profitable and relevant?  Chris Cotton, AutoFix Auto Shop Coaching, Chris Cotton Weekly Blitz Podcast Hunt Demarest, CPA, Paar Mellis and Associates, Business by the Numbers Podcast Joe Marconi, Executive Council Member, Elite Worldwide. Joe’s Episodes HERE. Michael Smith, Managing Partner, Herzberg Smith and Co, Michael Smith’s previous episodes HERE Jaron Kleber, National Sales Manager, Repair Shop of Tomorrow
      Key Talking Points
      Your employees should be your greatest strength. Invest in THEM to secure their future and the future of your business. Connect the dots with their goals and the company’s goals. Don’t ignore the people in your shop. Don’t get complacent. Productivity, efficiency, and effective labor rate are the 3 most important numbers in your business Systems, operations, and procedures. SOPs will set you free! Important to train the whole team on “what right looks like” so that everyone is rowing the boat in the same direction. It’s not about the one, it’s about the all. TEAMWORK makes the dream work. The automobile service industry is undergoing a literal revolution. The boomers are increasingly aging out, the number of independent competitors is shrinking fast, being a future top-shop will require much more business sophistication in the future, and the third-party investor feeding frenzy has begun. Smart owners need a strong business strategy, steeped in their legacy and exit strategy, to lead through these changes rather than just playing catch-up. Baby boomers retiring- 80-85% aren't worth making a private equity investment Shop owners coming from outside the industry- thinking from a business perspective  Elevating the industry through training and coaching Profit vs cash- cash brings personal spending habits into play, preserving cash Will it slow down? It matters what you do during the good times that will help you survive the bad times. Don’t let car count carry you. Redefine who you are and honed in  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever. And don’t miss the next free AAPEX webinar. Register now at AAPEXSHOW.COM/WEBINAR.
      Shop-Ware: More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      This topic has been discussed before, but I think it's more relative today than ever. 
      Smart auto shop owners understand they need to constantly recruit, but what about keeping the employees we have now? 
      Let's revisit this topic and discuss your retention strategies and other comments on keeping your valued employees. 

• By Joe Marconi
      While there are many different business models among all the automotive independent repair shops, what types of services or repairs give your auto repair shop the best ROI? 
      Preventive Maintenance Services? General Repairs, steering, suspension, brakes, etc.  Diagnostic/Electrical, etc. Or other? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      As shop owners, we are constantly finding ways to motivate our employees, and often we think it's money. Money does factor into motivation, but don't employees want other things? 
      If we knew what motivated our employees, we stand a better chance of keeping them and improving morale and production.
      So, how do we find out? Do we ask them? Would they tell us? 
    • Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By carmcapriotto
      We are at the NAPA Expo joined by the 2022 Napa Technician of the Year, Meg Lewis. She is the first female winner and is a huge advocate for automotive training and reaching the youth in schools. I’m also joined by Matt Fanslow from the Diagnosing the Aftermarket A to Z Podcast. We discuss goals, passions, work-life balance and advice to women in the industry.
      Meg Lewis, BJ’s Automotive Diagnostic Center, Belfast, ME, NAPA Auto Care Technician of the Year 2022
      Key Talking Points
      Advocate for automotive training- starting as young as you can with schools, especially nurturing women Motivation- her Dad, Meg was tinkering with cars “Tinkerbell” and she expressed interest and fascination. Natural curiosity.  Worked previously in hospitality- learned customer service quickly  Goal-oriented person- be a technician and own her own shop as an endgame. The succession plan will be complete in 5 years as owner.  What do you love to do in the bays? Gets thrill from fixing something that is broken and helping customers.  Tool share program with local BDG group  Work-life balance- Meg’s two kids have always been supportive, brings kids to events  Advice- surround yourself with people that support you and your passions Attracting new hires- incentive program with basic knowledge in automotive, providing training/tools/toolbox to get them in the door. Growing your own technician.  ASE exams- tool for showing areas of improvement  Being the ‘winner’ shouldn't matter if you are a man or a woman  Advice to women- don’t be discouraged; you will face challenges. It will make you stronger  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio

• Our Sponsors