Quantcast

How Do You KEEP Your Employees?

Years ago I learned how expensive it was to hire a new emp;oyee without any experiance in the field of our business. With the maistakes and costly errors in learning it didn't take very long to realize it was much cheaper to keep the guys I had without having a big turnover. Making them feel wanted, thanked them for their work and desire to do a good job. Then came pay, I paid the fellows I had dollars more than any of the competition paid. That ensured that my guys would not be leaving to go to the other guys and lose money. I made sure the benifits were way above the competition too. In the 10 years i owned that business, one fellow was there 3 week short of 10 years, the newest employee had 6 years seniority. the other guys fell in between 6 years and 10.  Turn over was nil and over the years I felt paying them more made me more, Not all business owners feel the same way, But I had a very comfortable living and actually enjoyed going into work with a crew that also liked being there. Worked for me.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...