Quantcast

Courtesy Inspection Technician Pay

Those shops doing courtesy inspections how much time are you paying your tech's to do the inspection? I've read on some forums anywhere from .30-.50. I am attaching a link to one of our courtesy inspections to give you an idea of what we check during our inspection process. Also, what do you pay the technicians for oil change & rotations each?

http://2un.me/1ibws

21 hours ago, spencersauto said:

Those shops doing courtesy inspections how much time are you paying your tech's to do the inspection? I've read on some forums anywhere from .30-.50. I am attaching a link to one of our courtesy inspections to give you an idea of what we check during our inspection process. Also, what do you pay the technicians for oil change & rotations each?

http://2un.me/1ibws

http://xoxocar.com/inspection.html?inspectionid=6bfa2706-b6e4-41ff-8f6d-163bc9a59d6f&sb=0

10 hours ago, Sandyolivo said:

A 2008 Chevy Tahoe and it doesn’t need ball joints???? LOL!!!
Anyways, we pay our techs .2 for their inspections. However if the recommendations get sold, they get the repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha! Didn't need them this visit, but we've done them. 

I pay my tech's  .2 to do a courtesy inspection. Which if they are moving slow takes them 10-14 mins depending on how offen we have seen the vehicle. If we have never seen the car before it can take 15-20 mins. But if we up sell the maintenance it can be 1-4 hours worth the work. We use Repair Shop Solutions for our check sheet.

We've been paying .5 for the inspection process. We also require as part of the inspection to look at not just the vehicle, but the previous inspection (if there is one) and any repair history for the past year. My guys do a great inspection and take their time to do it right. I guess it comes down to letting them know what your expectations are. The other benefit to paying for their time is that the shop owns the inspection at that point and we don't have to guarantee that the tech doing it will be the one getting the work. Using that idea, we also know that a tech will recommend work even if it's something they don't like to do as it may go to the guy that specializes in that area. If you have a tech that's not well versed in front end, he's not going to sell a difficult bushing job. But if he knows the other guy can do the work, he's more likely to give you an honest report.

• Like 1

Forced branding on who? XOXO or the automotive shop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On automotive shops who pay them for the service

2m367hy.png

How bolt on inspections look on your mobile device. 

This is a quote from a higher up at bolt on's response to the branding. 

Thank you for all your spirited comments on the recent updates to the look and feel of the inspection results. I can assure you that this has been done to add to your shop’s success.

We all know that the extent of most owners’ knowledge of their vehicles is limited to the key going in the front, and the gas in the back. Everything else is up to you. This causes a level of anxiety every time they need service, even when using you as their “trusted” shop. 

So therein lies the challenge. How can we help you reduce, or even eliminate, that uneasy feeling, so that vehicle owners have a better experience?

The new XOXOcar inspection results are our next step in that direction. And, like anything new, there will be adjustments and tweaks that need to be done, as well as overcoming the resistance to change. 

As we always have, we listen to our customers. We hear your concerns and suggestions and will continuously evolve XOXOcar into a tool that will not only bring your customers back, but also build trust and transparency that benefits both your shop and customers. 

We have already begun fine-tuning the inspections based on your feedback. Modifications to the XOXOcar inspections will continue over time and will never stop reaching for the next level of advantages for your shop.

Let’s continue the conversation of improving the relationship between vehicle owners and your shop, resulting in them returning and further trusting you and, ultimately, leading to your shop’s success.

http://lp.boltontechnology.com/xoxocar  

Edited by BenjaminPeterson

Wow.  I can see that this would be very confusing to your customers.  When I looked at it, I only see the XOXO brand.  Your mark is much smaller by comparison and is a less prominent position.   Who's the KING and who's the PAWN on this page?   They are not helping you to brand your shop and service, but more focused on their own brand it would seem.

• 4 weeks later...