Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
Jay Huh

I got my own branded flashlight

Got my own branded flashlight, ordered 500 of them from Alibaba.com - talked to a bunch of suppliers and bought 500 for a good deal.

I got my own branded long double box end wrenches as well being manufactured right now. Also ordered magnetic phone holders (1000 of them) and 200 OBDII wifi code readers. Spent about $10k, trying to get my name out there and earn some extra money on the side.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carmedix-Super-Bright-Rechargeable-LED-Water-Resistant-Flashlight-for-Mechanics-/272713331814?epid=16002924438&hash=item3f7efb3466:g:JzIAAOSwrfVZPg0r

https://www.amazon.com/Carmedix-Rechargeable-Resistant-Flashlight-Mechanics/dp/B072MPMQ5P/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501210798&sr=8-1&keywords=carmedix

I am new to listing products and advertising, what do you guys think? I took all the pictures myself. 

Thinking about giving away the magnetic phone holders with oil changes. Has a nice big logo on it and customers will see it when phone is removed.

I like the idea of arming my loyal customers with code readers. I know it's controversial but for my loyal customers, it'll be good. When making a appointment, they can tell me the code in which I can tell them it's a emergency or schedule them my next available. I will also know if I need to schedule for a smoke test or diagnosing a misfire.

• Like 3

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      NEWS BREAK: Workers at a Mavis Discount Tire shop falsified records to make it look as if they completed brake work on a limousine before it crashed and killed 20 in Schoharie, New York, last year, when in actuality the work was never performed, according to the shop's former manager.
      Below is a link to the article:
      https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/10/09/new-york-limo-crash-mavis-discount-tire-shop-falsified-brake-records/3920945002/
    • By hello5555
      I currently employ a mechanic and friend who has been with me for about 20 years. He was formerly a transmission rebuilder, but we have switched to mostly reman units and have no need for a rebuilder. His pay has remained the same despite his value declining. I am currently paying him roughly $100,000 a year. The problem i'm having is that his skill set is not near that pay level anymore. He does light diagnostic and basic managerial work, but I am not confident enough for him to run the shop for more than an hour. With the current state of the industry our numbers have gone down a bit over the last two years. While still being profitable, I can't help but think about the extra income that would be available by terminating this employee, I just dont know how to do it. Any advice on how to do this? I like him as a person and have known him a very long time, but I feel his is paid about twice as much as he is worth. Any help wouldbe greatly appreciated.
    • By Mark Johnson
      Shop owners did you hear? If you have been affected by COVID-19 you are eligible for a SBA disaster loan of up to $2M. This loan is from the Federal Government with interest an rate of 3.75% and up 30yrs payment term. It is not available in private financial institutions (banks).

ALL STATES CAN NOW APPLY!   
      So what information do you need?
      A LOT!
      ●    Most recent Federal income tax returns
      ●    Personal Financial Statement
      ●    Schedule of Liabilities listing all fixed debts
      ●    You Fill out All SBA Paperwork
      ●    Year-end profit-and-loss statement and balance sheet for that tax year
      ●    A current year-to-date profit-and-loss statement
      ●    Monthly sales figures for increases in the amount of economic injury.

And there may be even more!

We are currently helping shop owners navigate through the applications process.

For more info call us at 1954-324-0803 or book an appointment at https://calendly.com/markjohnsontaxplanner/45min

View full article
    • By Joe Marconi
      Usually the winter drops off in sales, but along with car counts.  This year is different.  Customers seem consumed with debt and worried about thier finances, and putting off needed vehicle maintenance.  Not good.  In the long run this leads to breakdowns and larger repair bills. 
    • By autoguy
      I was browsing Amazon looking for something had no idea that they have privately branded motor oil now. What caught my eye was the 5W-30 full synthetic dexos 5 quart jug at $17 for high mileage cars. Thought it was interesting. Wonder who makes it for them.

So I did a little research online and found this youtube review

Here's another:

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors