You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Shop Owners: You don’t have to answer every question for your employees

As shop owners, we sometimes feel that we need to answer every question and handle every situation. While you need to be proficient as a business owner, you also need your employees to think for themselves.  Empower your people to solve problem.  Ask them for their opinions and don’t be too quick to jump in on every situation.  The more you jump in and solve their problems, the more they will rely on you. This is not to say you don’t have their back; but a team functions best when everyone takes ownership of their position and takes responsibility to take care of problems. Will employees make mistakes? Yes.  But there isn’t a shop owner on this planet that has a perfect record at making decisions.  We all make mistakes. As a shop owner; teach, mentor and coach.  Include your employees in on decisions that relate to their job position.  When employees feel you trust them, they will begin to solve their own problems. This will set you free to work on the things that will bring you greater success.

By Joe Marconi, in Joe’s Business Tips For Shop Owners

• 2 replies
    • Auto Care Association Supports Supreme Court Decision Allowing States to Collect Online Sales Tax

Auto Care Association Supports Supreme Court Decision Allowing States to Collect Online Sales Tax POSTED BY AUTO CARE NEWS ON JUNE 21, 2018 The Auto Care Association applauds today’s decision by the Supreme Court to permit states to collect sales tax on purchases of products made over the Internet. The 5-4 decision means that online sellers will now be on a level playing field with brick and mortar retailers regarding charging sales tax. The Auto Care Association had filed an amicus brief with other retail groups urging the Supreme Court to hear the case based on the price advantage that the current system provided on-line sellers. The decision overturns a previous Supreme Court decision that required companies to have a physical presence in the state where the purchaser resided in order to charge sales tax. 

“This is an important decision for many of Auto Care’s retail members and we are pleased that the Supreme Court saw the unfairness in the current system and determined to make everyone play by the same rules,” said Aaron Lowe, senior vice president, regulatory and government affairs, Auto Care Association. “We hope that implementation of the sales tax will be done uniformly across state lines to ensure a fair and efficient system of tax collection.

By Alex, in Automotive Products & Services

• 2 replies
    • New Employees Needed

I need to find some employees fast and I am having no luck, anyone willing to help me write an advertisement or help me with postings, over the phone or through e-mail, please let me know. Just found this, not feeling good about this. https://www.indeed.com/forum/job/automotive-technician/can-t-do-it-anymore/t459836

By Hands On, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 9 replies
    • Employees

We've been running adds for months, (AdWords, facebook, monster and many other sites) and just can't find quality candidates! I was thinking it was just us, be it the shop, methods or maybe am unsaid reputation but I've been talking to other shops and folks who frequent other shops (tool dealers, part suppliers etc) and they say everyone in a 100 mile radius is hiring but can't find help. Any insight? Are we alone in this?   Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk    

By ncautoshop, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 30 replies
    • Holiday/vacation pay for flat rate employees

We recently switched from hourly to flat rate for our techs. I am having a hard time figuring out what to pay an employee if they have taken vacation times. What rate do I pay them at?

By Reggie, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 10 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors