Quantcast

OOOooo

Craziest thing you ever found in a tire?

Just had a guy stop by to get a tire. He said his wife ran over something. We found this .22 inside the tire with a live round in it. When you think you have seen it all....

post-2581-0-88196800-1473708026_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Found This in a Tire on Monday!

Would you believe that we removed this from a tire this week. The wrench end was inside the tire and the broke end was sticking out.

By xrac, in General Automotive Discussion

• 4 replies
    • New Jersey Governor Signs Unsafe Used Tire Law

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/news/724720/new-jersey-governor-signs-unsafe-used-tire-law A new law in New Jersey forbids the sale of unsafe used tires. The legislation, signed by Gov. Chris Christie on Aug. 7, 2017, was supported by the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA), Tire Industry Association and the New Jersey Gas Station-C-Store Automotive Association. The law fines businesses that sell tires that exhibit any of these unsafe conditions: — tread depth of less than 1/16 inch measurable in any groove;
      — damage exposing the reinforcing plies of the tire, including any cuts, cracks, bulges, punctures, scrapes or wear;
      — improper repairs, including, but not limited to: any repair to the sidewall or bead area of the tire; any repair made in the tread shoulder or belt edge area of the tire; any puncture that has not been sealed or patched on the inside and repaired with a cured rubber stem through the outside of the tire; any puncture repair of damage larger than 1/4 inch; — evidence of prior use of a temporary tire sealant without evidence of a subsequent proper repair;
      defaced or missing tire identification number;
      — inner liner or bead damage; or
      — signs of internal separation, such as bulges or local areas of irregular tread wear. Violators will be subject to a fine up to $500 for a first offense. A second offense will be considered a violation of the Consumer Fraud Act and subject to a penalty up to $10,000. Additional violations will be subject to a penalty of up to $20,000. Anne Forristall Luke, CEO and president of the USTMA, said, “New Jersey has taken a bold step to protect motorists from high-risk used tires that have no business being put back into service on New Jersey roads." The USTMA says its research shows more than 30 million used tires are available for sale nationally. The legislation does not ban all used tire sales. It targets used tires that have specific, well-established, unsafe conditions The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says worn-out tires are three times more likely to be involved in a crash than tires with sufficient tread depth. NHTSA crash statistics indicate about 200 fatalities and 6,000 injuries are attributed to tire-related causes annually. The law was sponsored by Democrats Shavonda Sumter and Raj Mukherji. Sumter said, "What initially seems like a good deal ultimately can be deadly in the market for tires. Retailers who sell damaged tires to consumers endanger not only their customers but also everyone else on the road. Banning the sale of damaged tires simply is a common-sense matter of public safety." Mukherji said, "Drivers in New Jersey should be able to buy tires and rest assured that the items they've purchased are safe. The lower cost of used tires does not warrant putting lives across the state at risk. Damaged goods that put consumers in danger simply should not be on the market, especially when it comes to tires."

By HarrytheCarGeek, in Northeast Auto Repair Shop Management

• 9 replies
    • 3rd party tire warranty insurance programs

I was just wondering the most competitive 3rd party tire warranty programs.  Let me know who you use, thanks.

By BroyotaMark, in General Automotive Discussion

• 0 replies
    • The other shoe [or tire] has dropped

Well the other shoe has dropped in the ATD / Tire Hub saga. Bridgestone has announced they are following Goodyear in pulling their Brands from ATD. This one hurts as I have been a loyal Bridgestone dealer for decades. Looks like I have 3 options, none good. Continue with ATD but buy my Bridgestone products from Tire Hub. Continue with ATD and drop my Bridgestone products probably increasing my Continental purchases. Find a whole new distributor to buy all my products from. The thing that really sucks is ATD, Bridgestone, and Tire pros all announced new loyalty programs this year which collectively could have amounted to 18k more in back end $$s. Most of that is probably gone now.

By tyrguy, in General Automotive Discussion

• 2 replies
    • TIRE ROTATIONS

I wanted to ask a question that no one can give me straight answer on. I  know in the past on any normal vehicle when you rotated the tires you wanted the best tires in the front (I'm talking about lets say a Ford Taurus). Several years ago I see the Michelin video where they put two Ford Taurus's side by side with one vehicle having the new tires in the front and the other vehicle having the new tires installed on the rear. Per the NHTSA they state accidents occur or loss of control mainly begins with the rear end losing control therefore you want to have your best tires on the rear? So with all the experts out there and I've also asked many other owners what they think but mainly I'm still seeing "best tires in the front". What are your thoughts? Thanks guys. I'm excited that I found this site!

By OJ&BM, in General Automotive Discussion

• 27 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors