Quantcast

Shop Owners: Focus on your key customers, not your worst

Joe, I couldn't agree more! So many shop owners I talk with are hung up on getting more new customers. That's THE MOST expensive thing you can do. While they focus there, they ignore their current customers.

Now, this isn't going to sound sexy, but what about a simple 'letter' to your existing customers. No, not an email - I mean a USPS snail mail letter. There's a bunch of strategies that can be used and a lot more space is needed to explain it all, but at least you can target your BEST customers and leave the coupon clippers to shop somewhere else.

Think about this. What do you do when you hear a notice of a text message on your phone? If you're like most, you check your phone - usually within minutes of receiving that message, right?

Well, you're just like 300+million other Americans. So if a text message is so effective, why don't you just text message customers when it's time for their next oil change? I know it sounds simple, but I will tell you this - it works.

Get those people that already know, trust and like you to bring their car in for that oil change THEY KNOW THEY NEED and you'll be surprised with where your numbers will go.

Hope this helps!

Matthew Lee
  • Like 1