Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
insomniac

Stocking Tires?

Was wondering if it is worth to stock tires? Seems like with all the sizes would be a tremendous outlay of money but sometimes the big box stores like Pep Boys, Mavis, STS etc.. are hard to compete with because they stock the tires and sometimes it could take me hours to get the tires from the supplier.

Thoughts?

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

• Like 2

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

Edited by tyrguy

Edited by tyrguy

Edited by alfredauto

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By AutoShopOwner
      A new chapter in the DieHard story begins. Watch as John McClane faces off against old foes and crosses paths with old friends. From fighting his way to Advance Auto Parts to racing against the clock to install his new DieHard Battery – McClane will stop at nothing, to start his car again.

• By Joe Marconi
      NEWS BREAK: Workers at a Mavis Discount Tire shop falsified records to make it look as if they completed brake work on a limousine before it crashed and killed 20 in Schoharie, New York, last year, when in actuality the work was never performed, according to the shop's former manager.
      Below is a link to the article:
      https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/10/09/new-york-limo-crash-mavis-discount-tire-shop-falsified-brake-records/3920945002/
    • By Joe Marconi
      First, let me clarify one thing: I AM NOT THE EXPERT.  But there are  things about the PPP that concern me. Such as this quote fron the SBA:  "Forgeven amounts will be considerded income for federal tax purposes." So, if you get a forgiven loan in the amount of 100,000- that will be added as income? 
      And, the fact that we need to rehire to full staff by June 30, 2020.  So, in an area like mine where we don't expect business to return for 6 months or longer, I need to rehire to full staff, with 60% of sales down, use the SBA PPP to make payroll????   This is insane economics.
      I do not want to rain on anyone's parade here. Being in NY, I got hit early and got hit hard.  We are going on more than 8 weeks with little to no business.  I too need financial help.
      Look, the point is take it slow and get all the information from a pro.  This is what I need to do too.  Please get the advise from your banker, your attorney, financial advisor and your accoutant.
      The only  true way out of this is for business to return to normal, through sales and revenue.

• By Joe Marconi
      With Mother Google literally tied to our hands, through our cell phones; are part margins becoming more difficult to achieve?  Traditionally, shops use a 50% part margin, which they deserve.  But, we live in a world today where part prices are so transparent that maybe we need to rethink this.
      Consider this: What  if we concede on prices?  Hold to a suggested list…BUT…raise our labor rate to offset the loss in overall profit. In other words, keep your parts prices at a margin the consumer will not question,  but raise your labor to make up the part profit? 
      This is being discussed around the country and there are shops that have implemented this strategy.  We can’t give up our overall gross profit, so is this a viable option?
      Your thoughts?

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors