Quantcast

Shopcat

What one thing do you want to improve?

What is the single one stand out thing you want to improve at your shop? Is it ARO, car count, G.P. %, Branding your company, Hiring better people, or what?

Whats the most important thing you want to accomplish this year?

Whats is you action plan to make it happen?

Just curious what's on the collective ASO mind!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Stevens Automotive Service
      How many of you have a four bay shop ?
      If you do how many techs do you have ?
      What is your average sales weekly , monthly ?
      What do you spend in advertising ?
      What was your sales in 2017 ?
      I am using this shop as a guide for those who would like to follow and see real time progress.
      For those interested just answer the questions so you and I can see what your strong points and if and where you may have areas for improvement.   
      After looking and reading some posts Here are some quick answers to some of them.
      Charging for Diagnostic time... Absolutely and is easy done. 
      Fleet Customers.. Absolutely if you have the man power and shop to handle them. Be careful , you can loose them if your not equipped to support the amount of work. Do your homework.
      Damage and misfortune to a customers vehicle while in your care... If it's your fault just fix it. If not assess and address it quickly, the sooner the better. 
      Know your Business not just part of it... Know it inside and out. Knowing your fixed cost is a must. 
      Spend Wisely ..It takes money to make money keep it balanced , don't invest without returns.
      Advertise Wisely....Quick example : If you are around a large place of business where people work , Hospital, Shopping Mall, Manufacturing Plant Etc there are just a few suggestions of gaining customers for next to nothing cost, to attain those customers. A promotion on a business size card and NO, you don't have to discount a thing. 
      Dealing with employees ..On cell phones , drugs etc whatever you don't address you condone!  
      Hope this helps  Need help with anything, I am a phone call or email away !
      Dan Stevens 
      Stevens Automotive Services  

If you have ever thought about shop management and training for your business now is the time. Make 2018 profitable and with a lot less stress. 
      For ASO members that are serious about business and becoming the shop of choice in your area then lets get started.
      Business coaching and training for your auto repair business. Real world one on one training for your business as all shops are different with different needs and markets. 
      Cost is 100.00 a week for a 1 year program for serious owners only that want to build a business. 
      Contact me for details and make 2018 all it can be. 
      Email [email protected]
      Website http://stevensauto.shop/
      I hope that everyone is having a good 2017 and as we all know time goes very quickly!
      The new year is fast approaching and changes are coming this year in many ways to the business.
      I have talked to many of you and I just want to say there are some great people on this site. 
      For those of you who are running your business to its full potential keep it up , build towards that retirement, spend time with family ENJOY !  
      If you need help it is only a PM, email, text or a phone call away so you can do the same. 
      Keep building your business in the up coming year, think outside the box. 
      1) Manage what you have. Make sure your getting all you can get out of what you have.
      2) Be a smart business owner look at overhead, parts cost, etc and streamline it.
      3) Relieve that unwanted stress. Been there done that its no fun but it can be drastically reduced. 
      What was your best business move in 2017 where you seen a upward move in profit?  
      Really ! If you don't someone else will and your right, you won't see them again!
      Time and time again I hear in this site "They just want a discount" they are not the kind of customer we want !!
      I would suggest you change your mind set. Just because a customer has been programmed to seek discounts doesn't make them a bad customer. Every business offers some kind of marketing pitch that, in the customers eyes, is a discount.
      DEAL WITH IT !! And how YOU DEAL WITH IT can get you a lot of good repeat customers. Yes customers that trust you, spend money with you ,listen to you etc.
      You should ,or have a staff of advisers that should be able to overcome this and in the process gain a customer. 
      Your competition is changing rapidly in 2018 as small lube shop chains are starting to do brakes, tires, etc. That's right your gravy work, and that's just the beginning.
      There are a lot of changes getting ready to be rolled out in 2018. 
      Be innovative, smart and never judge a book by it's cover it could cost you more that ever. 
      How do you deal with that type of customer ? I hope in the future it is with doing smart business.