Quantcast

Flash Sale + Social Proof

There no denying that the Baby Boomers are getting older and nearing retirement, if not retired already. In order to prepare and grow, we need to look toward the younger generation and learn how to market to them. The shops that realize this will be better home in the future. Below is a link to an article in Ratchet+Wrench about marketing to the millennials. It's worth the read.

http://www.ratchetandwrench.com/RatchetWrench/August-2014/Marketing-to-Millennials/?utm_source=KnowledgeMarketing&utm_medium=RW%20-%20Newsletter%20Emails&utm_term=RW%20-%20RW%20Insider&utm_content=RW_TheRWInsider_20141015&utm_campaign=How%20to%20Market%20to%20Millenials&eid=211700044&bid=947400

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Have you checked out Joe's Latest Blog?

• By Joe Marconi in Joe's Blog
      There are many things to consider when creating a marketing plan. Among them are establishing a budget, what forms of media should be used, and whether traditional advertising, such as TV, radio, and print, is still relevant.  And of course, how much should be allocated to social media and digital advertising?
      All the above are essentials to any marketing plan. However, the first step is ensuring that you have a healthy workplace and that your employees understand your company’s culture and the overall mission and vision. 
      We all know that happy employees create happy customers. No form of advertising can overcome a toxic workplace with unhappy employees. If your employees are not creating an amazing customer experience, your marketing plan will not work.
      Advertising and marketing may bring in customers, but the people in your company creating an amazing customer experience will be the most important component of your marketing plan.  It’s the customer experience that sells work and gives the customer a reason to return. 
      Creating an amazing employee experience, which creates an amazing customer experience, is also the most cost-effective part of your marketing plan. In fact, it cost next to nothing.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      While I am not an Auto Shop Owner anymore, my work with Elite as a business coach puts me in touch with a lot of shops around the country. And while business is still good, there are signs that it may be slowing as we head into the winter season. Perhaps the effect of inflation and the cost of living. 
      What do you see in your market?  And what should we do to maintain business through a potential slowdown? 
    • By carmcapriotto
      Why is adapting to technology important? Look around you. Keeping up with the latest technology is key to any successful enterprise. It is a requirement today. It increases flexibility, streamlines operations, and helps you adjust your forward progress. I'm with Chris Cloutier and Craig ONeill at ASTE 2022, and we discuss the four ‘Ts’ … technology, touch, trust, and transparency. The inspiration for this episode stemmed from Tracy receiving a video from an orthodontist's office and how it can be easily implemented in our industry.  Chris Cloutier is co-owner of Golden Rule Auto Care in Dallas Texas and CEO of Auto Tex Me. Listen to Chris’s previous episodes HERE. Craig O'Neill, VP of Training, Autotextme.com. Listen to Craig's previous episodes HERE  Key Talking Points
      Using videos to do your inspections and business discussions Technology plus touch equals trust or transparency Get service advisors to set expectations at the beginning of a visit. Connect through technology without having to waste time- send a text message that points to an email to open a video.  You now have secured two main lines of communication for this person Pre-sell, pre-sold User-generated content does not have to be perfect; it just has to be personable Educating customers with one minute videos Level one, basic data. Your name, the information to reach you. Level two, discuss the vehicle transactional data related to why the visit's coming in. Level three, the relational data, how are you using this car? Are you going on any trips? Making the person a client, not customer
      Connect with the Podcast: Aftermarket Radio Network Subscribe on YouTube Visit us on the Web Follow on Facebook Become an Insider Buy me a coffee Important Books Check out today's partner: Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      Last week, I had an interesting conversation with a shop owner friend of mine. He told me that he does not mark up his parts as much as he once did, mainly because of pushback from customers. He states that Google, Amazon, Rock Auto, and others, have hurt that part of the business.
      I don't want to debate that fact right now, but what I told him is that It doesn't matter how you arrive at your required profit, but you need to maintain profits.
      If you concede on your part margin, then the only way to maintain your required Gross and Net Profit is to increase your labor rate.
      Your thoughts and opinions? I would like to know what other shops are doing with part margins these days. 
    • By Joe Marconi
      Last week I had the privilege to present the Fly with the Eagles Course in Indianapolis, Indiana. As always, the power of the course was the amazing shop owners, managers, and service advisors who attended the event.  I left Indy with a fresh new enthusiasm that the aftermarket auto repair shop is alive and well. 
      The level of professionalism and passion is proof positive that as an industry we are the very best, and will meet the challenges of the future! 

• Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By carmcapriotto
      Guest Host and Shop Tour with Travis Comfort, Rick's Automotive, Springfield, MO. Take a tour of this 28,000-square-foot campus.
      Travis Comfort, Vice President, Rick's Automotive, Springfield, MO.
      Key Talking Points 
      28,000 square feet: 40 employees, 7 service advisors and service director, parts person, 22 technicians, 28 bays. Average 1400 vehicles a month.   First building 1988, fleet 2000, quick service 2012 The second generation- Travis has B.A. in business, and married Rick’s youngest daughter. Worked his way up from cleaning the bays to now Vice President.  Local technical college- works directly with the automotive department Has a dedicated lube bay- has two techs from high school A building- diagnostics, B building- fleet, C building- quick service  Gives the parts suppliers a map of the building  “Known to eat off the shop floor”  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio

• Similar Tagged Content

• Our Sponsors

Grammarly Writing Support

The #1 Writing Tool

Grammarly Writing Support