Quantcast

Grammarly Writing Support

The #1 Writing Tool

Grammarly Writing Support

Yes, you can get it cheaper on the internet…

Yes, you can get it cheaper on the internet…

I am not alone with this one. We see more and more people telling us that they can get the part cheaper on the internet, right? I overheard my manager speaking to a customer about a catalytic converter job. After Bill gave him the price of the job, the customer said, “I see those catalytic converters on the internet for half the amount you are selling to me. I cringed when the customer said this.

But my manager was ready. He simply said, “Yes you can get it cheaper on line, do you have any other questions?”

He remained silent and waited for the customer to continue, the customer said, “Well I guess it’s like anything else, you can always get things cheaper on line, you might as well get it done”

I am not sure this strategy will work every time, but it was fun to see it work this time.

• Like 2

I am not a tech but I can never remember us ever having that type of issue from a hydro boost unit. Have you checked for contaminated fluid?

Is this a response to my question in repair/diagnostic help? I did flush the fluid out just this morning. Fluid was very old and dark, flushed till clean fluid ran, put a gallon through it.

Installed a customer supplied injection pump yesterday because it was cheaper... (to purchase just the pump, if I do the complete job would have been $60.00 cheaper)

But the new pump was bad, he didn't feel he should have to pay twice even though we discussed it was a possibility. His cheaper just cost him $400.00 extra. I might post the whole story later, let's just say he raised my blood pressure to heart attack zone then his actions as an alchololic made me laugh so hard he added a year to my life!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Installed a customer supplied injection pump yesterday because it was cheaper... (to purchase just the pump, if I do the complete job would have been $60.00 cheaper)

But the new pump was bad, he didn't feel he should have to pay twice even though we discussed it was a possibility. His cheaper just cost him $400.00 extra. I might post the whole story later, let's just say he raised my blood pressure to heart attack zone then his actions as an alchololic made me laugh so hard he added a year to my life!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I would LOVE to hear this story, we should have a sub forum for crazy customer stories ahahaha

• Like 2

We do ... his name is Gonzo, and he wrote a whole book about it!!

I can always print more copies. LOL

Oh, and I've got lots and lots of stories.

Reading these posts made me think of quite a few of them

LOL... thanks for the plug Wes, :);):P

• 5 months later...

I wish I had a nickle for every time someone said to me "Hey take care of me and will send you a ton customers".

That's when I want to run and hide.

Is it just us or are the people they send always on "limited incomes" with cars from the early 90's that fall apart as soon as you pop the hood?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Have you checked out Joe's Latest Blog?

• By Joe Marconi in Joe's Blog
      There are many things to consider when creating a marketing plan. Among them are establishing a budget, what forms of media should be used, and whether traditional advertising, such as TV, radio, and print, is still relevant.  And of course, how much should be allocated to social media and digital advertising?
      All the above are essentials to any marketing plan. However, the first step is ensuring that you have a healthy workplace and that your employees understand your company’s culture and the overall mission and vision. 
      We all know that happy employees create happy customers. No form of advertising can overcome a toxic workplace with unhappy employees. If your employees are not creating an amazing customer experience, your marketing plan will not work.
      Advertising and marketing may bring in customers, but the people in your company creating an amazing customer experience will be the most important component of your marketing plan.  It’s the customer experience that sells work and gives the customer a reason to return. 
      Creating an amazing employee experience, which creates an amazing customer experience, is also the most cost-effective part of your marketing plan. In fact, it cost next to nothing.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found