• Announcements

• AutoShopOwner

Advertising & Promoting Your Company On AutoShopOwner - Information   02/25/2017

This message is only shown to FREE members and goes away after subscribing to a paid membership. If you are joining AutoShopOwner to promote your business, service, or product to this community of auto shop owners, please subscribe to a Sponsor Member Annual Package before doing so. With the correct membership, you will have the ability to post about your company in your posts and forum signature.

You can upgrade your existing membership here.

All marketing attempts to this community without proper membership level and/or approval by staff, will be considered spam, result in topic/post removal, and a warning, which can lead up to the banning of your membership, company and/or product on all pages of AutoShopOwner.

Thank you for your support.
Joe Marconi

Beware: Con man rips off shop

Here’s a true story from a few years back worth mentioning:

A man walked into a local shop asking for a few small services, nothing big. He said he was new in the town and wanted to start a relationship with a repair shop. When the car was ready, the man paid cash for the services and he went on his way. A few weeks later, he came back asking for a set of wipers, a bottle of washer fluid and check the tire pressure. He also paid cash for the wipers and fluid.

The man came in a few more times to price tires and brakes. Each time he would spend time speaking to the shop owner, becoming real friendly. A week went by and the man came in to make an appointment for the 4 tires, alignment and brake work.

When the car was done, the man told the shop owner to please lock up the car, he would pick it up after hours and he would be by in the morning to give him the cash.

And guess what happened? Yup, you guessed it. The man was never to be found again. The address was false, the name false and the phone disconnected.

I don’t know what made me think of this today, but I thought I would share it.

• Like 1