Similar Forum Topics
Just wondering if anyone on here has good experience with these units. We have manufacturer specific scan tools however we like to have a few general all purpose scanners available. We currently have the older Autel DS708 which is decent but rather slow. I also have a Launch GDS still in box brand new that I got for a pretty good price but I have yet to use it. One of my techs had experience using one and said in his words, "feels like a toy and crashes a lot." The new MaxiSys looks fast and capable. Anyone own one? Thoughts?
We are praying for our brothers and sisters down in TX. We have sent supplies to Austin, and hoping we can help in whatever way we can.
I just read this below on Facebook. Please send your thoughts and prayers to our friend. He posted this yesterday.
Yesterday at 8:30pm · Tulsa, OK · Ok, FB friends. This has not been a great week. Severe chest pains led to a trip to the ER. Two different hospitals later it has been determined the blood flow is blocked. Monday they'll be performing a complete bypass on the old ticker. So, old Gonzo will be out of commission for a while. This is a big life changing event. But I'm up for it. More news later.
By Jay Huh
Hey guys, my shop is becoming pretty successful and it runs pretty well without me being there (most of the time), should run flawlessly if I hire another advisor for when I'm not there.
Owner of a building of a 5 bay garage 1995 sq/ft contacted me to see if I want to rent it out for $2400/mo. Currently leasing a 3000 sq/ft 6 bay garage about 20 miles away for $4100/mo. I have a reliable employee that recently quit bc of the distance he was driving and the new location is only 15min away so I have people to work lined up and this one is 10min from my house oppesed to 45 min for my current shop. My current shop has a 5 yr lease so not planning on giving anything up.
I have a good brand image and a strong reputation. Google alone 82 reviews 4.9 rating.
Profitability wise I just got to the point of being able to pay myself salary. Is it too risky? Headache worth it? Thoughts?
For those of you members that have multi locations or have thought of opening other stores I'd like to open up a discussion on a proper marketing plan. Getting a new location off the ground can be challenging and it can also be what makes or breaks you. Here are some of my thoughts. To preface, these ideas are for opening an additional location under the same brand/banner.
1. Website. Piggy backing off your current website would be ideal. Make sure your SEO is top notch.
2. Direct Mail. Sending out campaigns 3 months prior to opening the doors. This can be expensive however exposure to greatest number of people in the short period of time is important.
3. Sending out an e-mail blast your current customers. It is in my opinion it is always a good idea to show customers how prosperous you are. By opening a second location it is a clear cut message that you are here to stay. Depending on how far your additional location is, you can offer some sort of special offer to new customers exclusive to your current customers. Also some sort of incentive to spread the news.
4. Signage and banners. Depending on how busy your location is in regards to foot and car traffic, it may make sense to hang a sign and/or banner to indicate you are coming to the neighborhood.
5. Get involved in community events early. Making your presence known in the immediate community can pay dividends for your brand awareness.
Feel free to expand or add new ideas!