Quantcast

Joe Marconi

Biggest Automotive Shop Expenses

I was wondering the other day how shops compare or differ with regard to shop expenses. For me my biggest expense, besides payroll, is insurance; liability, workers compensation, health insurance, etc. I am assuming that this is the norm around the industry. I do have a few equipment loans and truck loan, but once they are paid off, there is a period of time that we get a break. With insurance, it seems it is always on the rise and something we are always reviewing.

How do other shops view their expenses and how do you control them?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• General Liability / Garage Keepers Insurance Quotes... What do you pay?

I have a 2 bay facility that I rent and one employee plus myself. I was quoted about $2346 per year for both general liability and garage keepers from Liberty Mutual(using CoverWallet as the broker). - General liability was $1,032 per year if paid in full for $1,000,000 limit and $2,000,000 aggregate - Garage keepers was $1320 per year if paid in full for $75,000 coverage Does this sound right? I am in the process of getting other quotes but wanted to see if I am in the right ballpark. This is my first time getting insurance for the business and it seems like some places don't want to insure you unless you have history. Shop size: Employees: Location: Own or rent: Coverage: Insurer:   Thank you

By [email protected], in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 1 reply
    • This is Embarrassing. My Biggest Mistakes as a Shop Owner

Yes, a little embarrassing, but it's better that I share these mistakes I made rather than you have to go through them.    Hope this helps! I welcome your comments! Are you making any of these mistakes?  Matthew Lee
      "The Car Count Fixer"
      Grow your Car Count, Income and Profits with Car Count Hackers on YouTube!

By JustTheBest, in Shop Management Coaching, Business Training, Consulting

• 0 replies
    • 3rd party tire warranty insurance programs

I was just wondering the most competitive 3rd party tire warranty programs.  Let me know who you use, thanks.

By BroyotaMark, in General Automotive Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Shop Insurance

I am owner financing the sell of my business and the new owner has 3 other shops that are smaller than mine. I have my insurance with Nationwide and they will only insure him if they get all 4 locations. Their concern is that he might shift employees around from location to location. I want him to have BOP insurance (Business Owners Policy) which covers the building and Liability. They are also going to consider this as non-owner occupied and don't like the fact that he sell used tires. The price they are giving us is almost 3 times what I was paying. My insurance agent says he can't find anyone else that will write the policy. Does anyone that sells some used tires have BOP insurance with someone other than Nationwide?

By OOOooo, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 0 replies
    • Mental Health/Depression

I havent posted here in awhile figured id might get some insight. I am 27 years old, Been in business for 4 years. Over the last year i just feel like ive run out of gas. I am getting depressed, Not interested in working on cars or the business. Its taken a toll on it. Very close tk losing it, I do not want that. Any ideas on what to do?   Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk    

By defiancetire, in Outside The Shop

• 5 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors