Quantcast

Shop AutoPartsToys.com for all Your Car, Truck and SUV Accessories at Direct Factory Warehouse Pricing

Shop AutoPartsToys.com for all Your Car, Truck and SUV Accessories at Direct Factory Warehouse Pricing

Daily Activity Level

Find your domain and create your site at Weebly.com!

OMG! ! ! Now I'm sure of it Frank... YOU'RE NOT ON MY ASO GOLF TEAM! ! ! I can hear it now... "Where's Frank?" "Oh we left him back on no#12 he's still trying to hack his way out of that ladies flower garden on the west side of the tee box..."

Frank... practice..practice...practice. If ya do that I'll let ya on my team. :):):)

OK, for that you can be on my team. Gotta have somebody who can find the golf balls. LOL

All kidding aside. That's a funny story... heard it before. Still funny.Thanx for sharing

Gonzo, this story isn't far from the truth. I haven't picked up a club in over 20 years but I use to play regularly. When I was playing I was the guy who always had a lot of golf balls because I aways found lost balls when I was out in the briars and posion ivy looking for mine.

do it do it do it .... plan an outing... they will come. :)

ASO Golf Outing....that's sounds impressive....I will put this on my "to do list"....but can't make any promises right now....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      I want to wish everyone a Happy July 4th Holiday!  Let us take a moment and also celebrate the birth of this great nation we live in. 
      The Fourth of July—also known as Independence Day or July 4th—has been a federal holiday in the United States since 1941, but the tradition of Independence Day celebrations goes back to the 18th century and the American Revolution. On July 2nd, 1776, the Continental Congress voted in favor of independence, and two days later delegates from the 13 colonies adopted the Declaration of Independence, a historic document drafted by Thomas Jefferson. 
      Source: History.com

• By Joe Marconi
      It's officially July, which means the NAPA Expo is this month in Las Vegas! If you're going, you aren't going to want to miss Bob Cooper present The Top Shop Playbook for Finding & Hiring Top Techs.   Bob will be discussing what it takes to create an incredible compensation & incentive packages, and how to create a principle-based culture that fosters growth and development.   You'll also learn how to make offers to the superstars that are truly irresistible, and you'll discover easy to apply ways for you to connect with the stars that you are looking for!   Mark your calendars, Bob will be speaking Tuesday, July 19 at 1:00 – 2:15pm & 4:30 – 5:45 p.m., and Wednesday, July 20 at 2:45 – 4:00 p.m. Learn more here! 

• By Joe Marconi
      In spite of gas prices nearing $5.00 a gallon, people are expected to take to the road in record numbers this July 4th holiday, according to the AAA and the Wall Street Journal. This is potentially good news for the automotive aftermarket. 
      Are you seeing an increase in your customers preparing for road trips? 

• By carmcapriotto
      Ready to be inspired by a shop owner that came from the merger and acquisition realm? Why did he choose our industry? What fresh perspective does he have?  I’m with Thomas from Hotchkiss Auto Repair and his passion about people and training is infectious.
      Thomas, Hotchkiss Auto Repair, Denver, CO
      Key Talking Points
      He came from the M & A (mergers and acquisitions) world as an investment banker. Looked into different industries to get into, over 800 small businesses in 1 year. He found automotive is highly segmented and recession-proof.  Don't be a bank teller- build a relationship Buying an existing business- what’s working? Why do customers already love this business? What can your background/strengths improve the business? The most valuable asset is the people   Power of people- you can’t get a degree for it Accountability for the owner- do your employees feel like they’re making an impact on the workplace? Empowered? Value?  Monthly meetings- what went well, what didn’t go well, and what are you doing to be the best version f yourself? Express positive and negative and be heard.  Job vs career- training and development and career track. Creating a habit personally and professionally.  Challenges- losing teamwork as there are more turnover and fewer people developed through their technical careers. Creates labor inflation and competition for talent. National brands with mergers and acquisitions    Training resumes/libraries Motivation cannot come from external sources Joined the NAPA AutoCare Elite Business Development Group (BDG) Colorado, for which he hosted its latest Elite Owner Support (EOS) meeting where members gather to support, educate and grow each member’s shop through constructive criticism and honest evaluations.  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever. And don’t miss the next free AAPEX webinar. Register now at AAPEXSHOW.COM/WEBINAR.

More Time. More Profit. Transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • Grammarly Writing Support
    • By Joe Marconi
      Got your attention?  Good.
      The topic of the tech shortage has been discussed, kicked around, and debated now for decades. It is nothing new. So, what are YOU doing about it? 
      If we wait for some "entity" to solve our tech shortage, we will be waiting forever. 
      Here is what I think, and tell me how you feel about this:
      All shops need to start an apprenticeship program Shop owners need to attend career days at the local high schools Shop owners need to reach out to tech schools and post-secondary auto tech schools and let them know of their apprenticeship program Shop owners need to improve the work environment to increase their employee retention rate Shop owners need to sit down once a quarter, do the math, know what they need to be profitable, and put a plan together to raise their employees' wages, including their own!  Thoughts? Comments? Opinions? 

• Our Sponsors