Quantcast

Joe Marconi

Extended Oil Services

I had another customer the other day call me about her oil service light on her new Honda Accord. She has over 8,000 miles and has not had an oil change yet. She is wondering if she should follow the service light or come in earlier for her first oil change. I explained to her that 8,000 mile is a long time for that particular car, there are other issues to consider too, especially for the fact that she owns the car and wants to keep it long-term.

With extended oil services becoming the norm, how are other shops marketing the oil change service. Some car makers are promoting 10,000 mile intervals and more. Will we see the day when we create a 5K service with NO Oil Change?

Thoughts…..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Hammer
      My shop is in a very rural area in South Carolina.  We are mainly a new tire dealer and we have been here for over 40 years.  We repair and replace everything from hand truck tires all the way up to large radial rear tractor tires.  We do alignments, brakes, front end suspension work, batteries, and oil changes.  We have been successful at what we do, but I see the effects of the internet and additional competition from car dealers, big box, etc. on tires and rims.  
      I took over from my dad about 3 years ago and I added oil changes and focused more on the alignment and front end suspension work, which has been great.  I have a great alignment and suspension guy.  My background is more finance and the business side of things as opposed to the mechanical side of things.
      I would like to get into doing more for our customers.  I want to get some opinions on what types of services we should offer, and how I can find a decent general maintenance tech.  I don't think that we should jump full on into engine and transmission work, but I could see doing things like master cylinders, ac work, fuel filters, general maintenance, etc.   
      I am going to have a pretty steep learning curve on this, so any pointers you guys could provide will be appreciated.

• By priyasawant2001
      how to choose your  Car Repair and Services garages ???
    • By rmiller
      Wanted to let you know about a free webinar we did recently with Jeremy O'Neal: "Selling Advanced Diagnostic Services for Maximum Profit" You can watch it here: https://www.repairpal-shops.com/selling-advanced-diagnostic-services/   Jeremy O’Neal has been recognized as one of the industry’s most talented and skilled service advisors. Having worked at independent repair facilities, as well as new car dealerships, Jeremy has developed the best real-world sales training available to the auto repair industry. In this valuable 60-minute webinar, taught by Jeremy O’Neal of Advisorfix, you’ll learn:
      How to generate the proper labor revenue for your shop when performing advanced diagnostic procedures How to create a value-driven advanced testing package that generates maximum profits for each job How to deliver the sales presentation in a way that naturally generates a “yes” from your customer How to combat the objection: “Other shops or dealerships don’t charge for diagnostics” How to combat the objection: “Will you waive your testing fee if I do the repairs?” You can watch it here: https://www.repairpal-shops.com/selling-advanced-diagnostic-services/
    • By totalautocare
      Does Mitchell have an option or a work around to track declined services? If not, what software out there does?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• By CAautogroup
      Hello all,

After two years, Our shop would like to start servicing TPMS services lights preset on most vehicles we encounter at our facility. I can't even imagine how much income we lost from not thinking about this earlier.

What scanners do you use to scan\flash TPMS sensors and how much do you charge?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

Nick
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors