Quantcast

What to do with old parts?

Do you recycle your old parts? Rotors, pads, radiators, water pumps, etc? What do other shops do with old parts. Is there a scrap pile in the corner of your shop? We recycle all of our old parts and make money off of them! We recentley scraped all of our metals and it weighed a little over 1000 lbs. We recieved $230 for it. I just wanted to know what other shops do.

I take mine to the salvage yard for the extra cash. I went a few weeks ago and got $230 which paid for my trip we were going on :) I can't put it in the trash can so I must get rid of it somehow. One trip paid for the tags on the beater truck I use for transporting the trash to the salvage yard.

Do you recycle your old parts? Rotors, pads, radiators, water pumps, etc? What do other shops do with old parts. Is there a scrap pile in the corner of your shop? We recycle all of our old parts and make money off of them! We recentley scraped all of our metals and it weighed a little over 1000 lbs. We recieved $230 for it. I just wanted to know what other shops do.

I recycle no# 2 plastics, cardboard, and metal. All of them I don't make a dime on. I've got a junk collector that takes most of the metal. Then, a little wierd, the art class from the college will come by and sort thru the metal parts and take choice pieces, ie. rotors, gears, odd shaped control arms...etc... Then they make sculptures out of it. They come by a few times a year and grab a load of worn out parts, sell their creations and raise money for school events.

Now you would just know that Gonzo doesn't even scrap old parts in an ordinary way. laugh.gif There is probably a story to be told in that.

I'll check my archives.... (digging in the basement....hmm hmmm hmm...) Yep, here's one... thanx for reminding me.