Quantcast

fng

t_j

I've been in the military for ten years so I really can't apologize for the title if it offends you.

I have already picked some good info from this site and props to the creator and the mods because its easy enough to get around in here.

I was active duty Navy from 99-2005 and been in the reserves since. I started with UPS in 2005 and left in November 2009 to work for Target Distribution. Now that doesn't really have anything to do with an auto shop I know but I kinda married into it. My in-laws have been doing it for a long time and I got pulled into the start-up crunching numbers for them and guiding them through the process. So they told me to make an offer to handle the office and sales end of it and here we are....

Its a 2 bay garage on the corner of a fairly busy intersection. Its a little outdated but it will do. I have a good time dealing with the public and I look at challenges like "something to do". I can make my way around a garage but as far as being an automotive expert, I'm far from it but nobody really needs to know that LOL!

Thanks for the site and the chance to network and grow with a great bunch of professionals

Start LLC for $0 at IncFile

Welcome! It is good to have you! For the record I have no previous automotive background except the 11 years I have running our shop. You wouldn't want me working on your car!

First, thank you for serving your country and protecting this great nation, I salute you.

As one of the founders of ASO (AutoShopOwner.com) I want to personally welcome you and look forward to sharing your thoughts and opinions. You will have the opportunity to network with ASO shops across the country and around the world. If you need help, just ask. ASO will be there for you.

Again, welcome and best of luck to you,

Joe Marconi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By carmcapriotto
      If only we had a crystal ball to peak at the next 5 years. As a shop owner, you might still be booked out 2-3 weeks, but with gas prices, inflation, the great resignation, interest rates, and new and used car costs, what do you need to pay attention to in the short term to continue to be profitable and relevant?  Chris Cotton, AutoFix Auto Shop Coaching, Chris Cotton Weekly Blitz Podcast Hunt Demarest, CPA, Paar Mellis and Associates, Business by the Numbers Podcast Joe Marconi, Executive Council Member, Elite Worldwide. Joe’s Episodes HERE. Michael Smith, Managing Partner, Herzberg Smith and Co, Michael Smith’s previous episodes HERE Jaron Kleber, National Sales Manager, Repair Shop of Tomorrow
      Key Talking Points
      Your employees should be your greatest strength. Invest in THEM to secure their future and the future of your business. Connect the dots with their goals and the company’s goals. Don’t ignore the people in your shop. Don’t get complacent. Productivity, efficiency, and effective labor rate are the 3 most important numbers in your business Systems, operations, and procedures. SOPs will set you free! Important to train the whole team on “what right looks like” so that everyone is rowing the boat in the same direction. It’s not about the one, it’s about the all. TEAMWORK makes the dream work. The automobile service industry is undergoing a literal revolution. The boomers are increasingly aging out, the number of independent competitors is shrinking fast, being a future top-shop will require much more business sophistication in the future, and the third-party investor feeding frenzy has begun. Smart owners need a strong business strategy, steeped in their legacy and exit strategy, to lead through these changes rather than just playing catch-up. Baby boomers retiring- 80-85% aren't worth making a private equity investment Shop owners coming from outside the industry- thinking from a business perspective  Elevating the industry through training and coaching Profit vs cash- cash brings personal spending habits into play, preserving cash Will it slow down? It matters what you do during the good times that will help you survive the bad times. Don’t let car count carry you. Redefine who you are and honed in  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever. And don’t miss the next free AAPEX webinar. Register now at AAPEXSHOW.COM/WEBINAR.
      Shop-Ware: More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By ASOG Podcast
      How to Get the Best Auto Repair Training - Reupload
    • By Joe Marconi
      The word OSHA makes many shop owners cringe. 
      I was lucky enough years back to have my insurance agent suggest I perform a voluntary OSHA inspection. A private company did it at the time.   
      They found tons of violations; some we knew would be flagged, but most we did not. 
      Have you ever had an OSHA inspection? And what can shop owners do to protect themselves? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      There's a lot of talk these days about a 4-day work week.  Some discussions include the entire shop only being opened for 4 days, other discussions talk about rotating employees to work only four days, while the shop remains open for 5 or 6 days. 
      I am on the fence about this. I do see the benefits, but it's not as easy as some may think.
      Thoughts, Comments? 

• Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By ASOG Podcast
      Do You Really Need Tech School To Start An Auto Repair Shop?

• Our Sponsors

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End