Quantcast

Prundo.com Launches Auto Repair Shop Portal to save money on reaching new customers

prundo.com launched their auto repair shop portal. According to the press release on Friday (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/prundocom-launches-auto-repair-shop-portal-for-reaching-targeted-customers-easily-and-cost-effectively-63843247.html), this will provide auto shop owners another channel to reach their customers!

What to do you think?

I don't get the :

Coupons Available $114,636 | Members Saved $84,700

when there are only a few national chains listed.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't get the :

Coupons Available $114,636 | Members Saved $84,700

when there are only a few national chains listed.

THEY NEED TO GIVE SOME MONTHS FREE UP FRONT TILL THEY GET KNOWN NATIONALLY , WILL TAKE YEARS IF EVER THE WAY THEY ARE DOING THIS, MANY HAVE TRYED THIS AND STILL NO WHERE.

I SEE NO ADVANTAGE TILL THEY ARE A TRUE PLAYER?.

DAN R.

THEY NEED TO GIVE SOME MONTHS FREE UP FRONT TILL THEY GET KNOWN NATIONALLY , WILL TAKE YEARS IF EVER THE WAY THEY ARE DOING THIS, MANY HAVE TRYED THIS AND STILL NO WHERE.

I SEE NO ADVANTAGE TILL THEY ARE A TRUE PLAYER?.

DAN R.

They are offering one month free with monthly subscription and two months free for annual subscriptions. Also, they have 30 days money back guarantee, which means you get an additional month free.

I think this will be a revolutionary option for all shop owners to reach their customers for less than $50/month and be able to share their coupons and offers 24 x7. They do not have to waste money on direct mails which every one simply tosses into the garbage!

They are offering one month free with monthly subscription and two months free for annual subscriptions. Also, they have 30 days money back guarantee, which means you get an additional month free.

I think this will be a revolutionary option for all shop owners to reach their customers for less than $50/month and be able to share their coupons and offers 24 x7. They do not have to waste money on direct mails which every one simply tosses into the garbage!

IF YOU NOTICED UP FRONT FREE NOT AFTER THE FACT BY PREPAYING A YEAR . THERE IS NO ONE ON THE SITE IN OHIO AND MOST STATES ONLY CALIFORNIA.

I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY DIRECT MAIL, MY RETURN RATE HAS BEEN CLOSE TO 23 % USING MY EXSISTING DATA BASE .

DO YOU THINK THEY WILL PROVIDE 23% OR 1,400 CLIENTS COMING THRU THE DOOR .

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE STATS ANS RETURN ON INVESTMENT THEY HAVE STAT'S SO FAR. COUPONS REDEEEMED AVG RO OFF THE CLIENTS REDEEEMING.

NOT SAYING IT IS A BAD THING AND ONE MORE TOOL IN YOUR MARKETING . WHAT I DO NOT SEE IS STATS ON THIER WEB SITE AND I EMAILED THEM AND NO ONE CONTACTED ME WITH THIS INFO.

HOW ARE THEY PROMOTING THIER PROGRAM TO LET CLIENTS KNOW THEY ARE OUT THIER.

IN CLOSING THE INTERNET IS MORE COST EFFECTIVE IF USED RIGHT AND TO ITS FULLEST , BUT THAT TAKES TIME , MONIES , TALENTS TO BE EFFECTIVE TO EVER REPLACE MEDIA PRINT ALTOGETHER. LET'S FACE IT IF A PROGRAM COULD SUPPLY ME ALL THE RIGHT CLIENTS WITH A GAURENTEE OF SUPPORTING THE NUMBER'S WE WOULD BE IN HEAVEN.

THANKS DAN R.

IF YOU NOTICED UP FRONT FREE NOT AFTER THE FACT BY PREPAYING A YEAR . THERE IS NO ONE ON THE SITE IN OHIO AND MOST STATES ONLY CALIFORNIA.

I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY DIRECT MAIL, MY RETURN RATE HAS BEEN CLOSE TO 23 % USING MY EXSISTING DATA BASE .

DO YOU THINK THEY WILL PROVIDE 23% OR 1,400 CLIENTS COMING THRU THE DOOR .

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE STATS ANS RETURN ON INVESTMENT THEY HAVE STAT'S SO FAR. COUPONS REDEEEMED AVG RO OFF THE CLIENTS REDEEEMING.

NOT SAYING IT IS A BAD THING AND ONE MORE TOOL IN YOUR MARKETING . WHAT I DO NOT SEE IS STATS ON THIER WEB SITE AND I EMAILED THEM AND NO ONE CONTACTED ME WITH THIS INFO.

HOW ARE THEY PROMOTING THIER PROGRAM TO LET CLIENTS KNOW THEY ARE OUT THIER.

IN CLOSING THE INTERNET IS MORE COST EFFECTIVE IF USED RIGHT AND TO ITS FULLEST , BUT THAT TAKES TIME , MONIES , TALENTS TO BE EFFECTIVE TO EVER REPLACE MEDIA PRINT ALTOGETHER. LET'S FACE IT IF A PROGRAM COULD SUPPLY ME ALL THE RIGHT CLIENTS WITH A GAURENTEE OF SUPPORTING THE NUMBER'S WE WOULD BE IN HEAVEN.

THANKS DAN R.

Excellent comments! I agree that they need to demonstrate the effectiveness of this channel. However, this could be a catch 22 situation where they will need (I guess) auto shops to sign up so that they can demonstrate value. I have signed up with them yesterday. It was very easy to add prices and create coupons. Let us see the response in next few weeks!

Let us know if you get any response!

KEEP US INFORMED - ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW WAYS , WE SIGNED UP FOR REPAIR PAL WHEN IT WAS FREE NEVER RECIEVED ANYTHING NOW ASA IS PROMOTING , NOT SURE PAYING FOR IT WOULD HAVE BETTER RESULTS , THEN THIER IS ANOTHER NEW ONE YOU PAY A FLAT $17.95 AND THEY SEND THE EMAIL THRU NO PROMISE OF WINNING THE CLIENT.

THIER ARE SEVERAL MORE OUT THIER IF YOU SEEK IT .

I DO THINK PRUNDO HAS A BETTER PROGRAM TO START WITH THEN THE OTHERS . JUST WITH ALL THE SEARCH ENGINES WHERE DO YOU PUT YOUR MONIES.

I TRULY AT THIS POINT HAVE BEEN PUTTING MONIES INTO EXSISTING SITE AND CREATING TO SUB SITES TO TRACK DIFFERENT OFFERS AND CLIENTS. I WANT TO REVIEW CLIENT HABITS FROM MY THREE SITES.

I MAY BE WAY OFF , BUT NO DIFFERENT THEN TRYING AN AD IN SOME PUBLICATION THAT DID NOT WORK.

THANKS DAN R

I am seeing more and more of this type of online advertising. Is this the up and comimg new standard?

We all need to be on the web, it is the future. Let's hope this doesn't cause confusion for both the shops and the public.

Feedback will be greatly apprciated!

Our society is now moving towards web 2.0 which basically means that people wants to take charge and like to use the tools which can help them in comparing various product and services so that they can make the right choices. This does no mean that by creating comparison engines like expedia for travel sites and prundo for auto shops, the auto shop will lose. It only means that the shops need to ensure that they provide the right service at the best possible price. I would imagine that people will be ready to pay few bucks more if the rating or user feedback for a particular shop is higher than the shop which is charging less.

I agree that web is the next destination for all of us and we need to be ready for it!

I agree. Do you think that the web will somehow dictate or set standards with respect to pricing and servicing?

Absolutely! With internet the world is shrinking and people have better tools to compare the services and products. With both these factors playing a critical role in decision making, the web will start dictating the price. However, there may be still some differences based on the size of the shop, its location and the extent of competition.

With websites like prundo.com for auto repairs, the consumers can find the best option for car repairs by a click of a mouse!

I agree. Do you think that the web will somehow dictate or set standards with respect to pricing and servicing?

It has to some degree already for years - When clients know labor times and parts pricing ahead of time , not that it matter's due to we adhere to standards of the upper end of the industry .

It actually helps if clients have knowledge if correct information ? , Tells them we are being truthfull what we tell them. I think it reinforces thier trust at times.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a path fraught with peril. The consumer will not know why you use a more expensive direct fit oxygen sensor verus a cheaper universal. He has not saw a wiring splice fail, ground out the ECM causing a new running problem and necessitate the replacing of a computer but I have. He will not understand the difference in the cheap chinese bearings and the Nationals, BCA, or Timkens. The reman water pump looks as good to him as a new one. After all they are all "warrantied". Even the repairs the consumer thinks he needs are the majority of the time not the problem. The shop who low balls a repair on line that the customer doesn't need is then free to charge what they like on the repair that actually gets completed when they get the car into the shop. The dishonest shop can get people to give them positive reviews, etc. etc.

I agree 100%. This site and others would just make you drop your pants to compete.

• 2 weeks later...
I am also curious.

Latest update:

I got one more customer over the weekend for an oil change! The customer also required brake replacement. Overall it was good for my business.

I have sent an email to prundo to improve the coupon creation and uploading process. Otherwise the website was easy to configure and easy to upload the prices.

• 1 month later...

Can you go into a little detail on how the program works?

The program is quite simple. I registered my shop through their auto shop registration protal and selected the subscription option I lied. I subscribed to their premium option which give more flexibility and visibility. As they are offering free one month along with 30 days money back warranty, basically you can try their website for 2 months!