Quantcast

TEXTING CUSTOMERS

I've been using "My Shop Manager" and it's been great for our business. It also has digital vehicle inspections that seem to work well. Also, with the slowdown from COVID 19 and me having to let my two employees take time off, I contacted them to suspend service for a month or two. They were quick to get back to me and allow us to keep service in order to contact customers and whatnot, but not charge me for this coming month. They are in the fight to help get through this crisis right along with the shops. I really appreciated that from them.

Hi DUFRESNES and all!

On 3/26/2020 at 5:48 PM, DUFRESNES said:

UPDATE TO TEXTING:  We did our 1st mass text blast ever.  WOW!  We did it to our regular customer base.  The phone started ringing right away.  

You're 100% correct! What's important is that you actually took the steps to reach out and contact customers! Your response is pretty much the same as my group of car count hackers experienced when they did this. I detail it all in this video and you're welcome to grab a pad and pen and copy down the notice used. 

If you're a shop owner and you're not using text messaging, you can start tomorrow! We're offering a 100% totally FREE 7 DAY TRIAL on the GO-MO TEXT PLATFORM NOW! (Note the site still says 14 day trial - but because we've been overwhelmed with requests, we've been forced to shorten it to a 7 day trial - but it's 100% FREE!)

Hope this helps!

Matthew
"The Car Count FIxer"
P.S.: Join me on YouTube at Car Count Hackers! FREE Help to grow your Car Count, Income and Profit!
P.P.S.: ** FREE DOWNLOAD - My Kick-Butt Offers
P.P.P.S.: Start TEXTING TOMORROW for FREE 7 DAY TRIAL

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2020 at 1:30 PM, BrandonNco said:

Just be sure you are taking all the proper steps to make sure you are in compliance with the laws around texting your customers as it relates to “marketing”. 

Definitely! If sending messages promoting a product or a service, make sure you have express written permission and bullet-proof opt-out capability.

Email is & was important.
And yes, more than ever texting is critical too.
But what about in-app messaging and live chat?
Better yet, what about all 3 of these mediums working seamlessly together?

During a 4 part COVID-19 webinar series I'm hosting, I've been featuring guest speakers to share with us the importance of reaching smartphone addicted consumers remotely as #socialdistancing and #nocontact services gain in popularity.  

Even though part 1 is over, it's not too late to join in for part 2 coming up this Wednesday.
May 27th at 12pm CST.

Get your complimentary invite here. 
https://www.appfueled.com/webinars

part2.png

I have sent out three mass text messages using BayMaster which is my shop management system. Worked great, targeted all my customers and kept them informed that I am open and willing to help. Definite positive results and the cost is negligible. I am in New Jersey and it seems everyone has a friend or relative that Covid has taken. For that reason I do not send a marketing message since I have no way of knowing what the recipient is going through during these difficult times. Instead I send out messages indicating that we are available to help our customers even for non-automotive needs. 

I've heard it all over the place that texting customers should now be a given.
I've heard the Elite Worldwide coaches, the ATI coaches and other say it is a given.

Honestly, from a business owner perspective it does seem so much better, faster and seems to generate a higher ROI than say using email.
There are many good solutions in our industry from texting.  AutoTextMe, Kukui, etc.

Although, I'm also interested if as an industry are we taking the time to listen if as an industry we are taking time to listen to vehicle owners and what they prefer.  
Let me explain.

Although we're just getting the first results of our vehicle owner survey back... this next statistic I share may shock auto repair professionals around the country.  When we asked vehicle owners, "What method would you prefer as the most convenient way to book an appointment with your local auto repair shop?" .. So far, as of 5/30/2020, a large majority (61.5%) of our vehicle owner survey respondents answered, "Book and confirm appointment in mobile app".  

Note:  "Send a text message to my shop" was only chosen as the preferred method by 11.5% of the survey vehicle owner respondents.

Does this consumer insight where texting trails mobile apps by almost 50% lead us to ask if 2020 is the year where shop owners need to consider getting their own vehicle owner mobile app??

Where their customers can manage and track their vehicles in their custom mobile app keeping their brand front and center on their smartphone??  
Perhaps to help answer this for your shop, I've put together a quiz so any auto repair shop owner can see where their shop ranks in a digital brand score compared to say a Fortune 500 and how they are using the latest in mobile app technology to blend email, YES texting too, but all seamlessly integrated with in-app push notifications too.
https://www.appfueled.com/quiz

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Have you checked out Joe's Latest Blog?

5 comments
      I recently spoke with a friend of mine who owns a large general repair shop in the Midwest. His father founded the business in 1975. He was telling me that although he’s busy, he’s also very frustrated. When I probed him more about his frustrations, he said that it’s hard to find qualified technicians. My friend employs four technicians and is looking to hire two more. I then asked him, “How long does a technician last working for you.” He looked puzzled and replied, “I never really thought about that, but I can tell that except for one tech, most technicians don’t last working for me longer than a few years.”
      Judging from personal experience as a shop owner and from what I know about the auto repair industry, I can tell you that other than a few exceptions, the turnover rate for technicians in our industry is too high. This makes me think, do we have a technician shortage or a retention problem? Have we done the best we can over the decades to provide great pay plans, benefits packages, great work environments, and the right culture to ensure that the techs we have stay with us?
      Finding and hiring qualified automotive technicians is not a new phenomenon. This problem has been around for as long as I can remember. While we do need to attract people to our industry and provide the necessary training and mentorship, we also need to focus on retention. Having a revolving door and needing to hire techs every few years or so costs your company money. Big money! And that revolving door may be a sign of an even bigger issue: poor leadership, and poor employee management skills.
      Here’s one more thing to consider, for the most part, technicians don’t leave one job to start a new career, they leave one shop as a technician to become a technician at another shop. The reasons why they leave can be debated, but there is one fact that we cannot deny, people don’t quit the company they work for, they usually leave because of the boss or manager they work for.
      Put yourselves in the shoes of your employees. Do you have a workplace that communicates, “We appreciate you and want you to stay!”
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi

Premium Member Content 

This content is hidden to guests, one of the benefits of a paid membership. Please login or register to view this content.

• By carmcapriotto
      At VISION 2024, Kim taught a class on customer loyalty. It was incredibly well received and we’ve decided to bring a conversation here in podcast form where she touches on a critical piece of business: creating loyal customers. Listen in for tips, strategies, and just real-talk!
      Thank you to our friends at RepairPal for providing you this episode. RepairPal will help you grow your auto business and you can learn more at RepairPal.com/shops.
      Show Notes with Timestamps
      Loyalty: strong feeling of support or allegiance What that means to me. Companies I am loyal to: Bear Mountain Bakery, Holtz Leather, The Basketry, Smallwoods Simon Sinek’s Ted Talk “Start with Why”: Your purpose, Your cause, Your beliefs We are lonelier & more apart than ever before Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Our Core Values We have an intense desire to feel a sense of belonging - even more with digital communication. Unreasonable Hospitality by Will Guidara - Episode 89: https://autorepairmarketing.captivate.fm/episode/089 Create Loyalty by: Being thoughtful and intentional with all you do. Understanding the difference between service + hospitality. Service is black and white. Hospitality is full color. Having authentic connection: Southwest Airlines - the heart, Ciro - my Italian driver, 1st Phorm, Eleven Madison Park Restaurant’s hot dog story, Bear Mountain Bakery, The Basketry, Holtz Leather, Smallwoods. Knowing your clients, understanding them, being present, listening, and being considerate and generous (read the book: Gift*ology). Being a trusted resource. VISION’s speaker: Scott Stratten, said, “If you want to worry about the bottom line, you’ve got to focus on the front line.” (To obsess about how your customers feel, you must obsess about how your employees feel. Customer loyalty comes after employee loyalty How are you taking care of your team? Daily Stand-Up (gratitude and top priority) + a checkin/awareness for me.Team Outings. Letters/notes/recognitions. Mentoring. Schedule emails/slack messages/texts Too many companies leave the human behind. We live in a world where we have an opportunity - responsibility - to make magic in a world that is desperate for it. When you make magic you add to the layers of loyalty being created. Make this part of how you do business. A process. A time, place, a procedure/reminder.  
      How To Get In Touch

Group - Auto Repair Marketing Mastermind
      Website - shopmarketingpros.com 
      Facebook - facebook.com/shopmarketingpros 
      Get the Book - shopmarketingpros.com/book
      Instagram - @shopmarketingpros 
      Questions/Ideas - [email protected]
      Lagniappe (Books, Links, Other Podcasts, etc)
      Canva - Mood Boards  
      Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio

• By carmcapriotto
      The Weekly Blitz is brought to you by our friends over at Shop Marketing Pros. If you want to take your shop to the next level, you need great marketing. Shop Marketing Pros does top-tier marketing for top-tier shops.
      Click here to learn more about Top Tier Marketing by Shop Marketing Pros and schedule a demo:https://shopmarketingpros.com/chris/
      Check out their podcast here: https://autorepairmarketing.captivate.fm/
      If you would like to join their private Facebook group go here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/autorepairmarketingmastermind

In this podcast episode, Chris Cotton from Auto Fix Auto Shop Coaching examines the JD Power 2024 US Customer Service Index Study. He offers strategies for auto repair shops to outperform dealerships by focusing on immediate service, convenience, and the smart use of technology. Cotton emphasizes the need for shops to educate customers and offer value through quality service rather than just competing on price. He advises shops to enhance their online presence and local advertising to attract customers. The episode is a guide for auto repair businesses to improve service and capitalize on dealership shortcomings to gain customer loyalty.
      The JD Power 2024 US Customer Service Index Study (00:01:10) Insights from the study on dealership customer service, wait times, and technician retention.
      Dealership Wait Times and Technician Retention (00:02:14) Discussion on the impact of wait times, technician retention, and the influence on customer satisfaction.
      Customer Preferences and Technology (00:06:25) Customer preferences for immediate service, convenience, and the importance of technology in service updates.
      Rising Costs and Customer Satisfaction (00:09:02) Increase in the average amount spent on dealer visits, the impact of inflation, and customer satisfaction.
      Adapting to Market Landscape (00:13:18) The need to embrace technology, improve communication, and address wait times and cost concerns.
      Advertising Strategies for Auto Repair Shops (00:14:22) Tactical approaches to leverage speed, convenience, technology, cost-effectiveness, education, and tailored promotions in advertising.
      Implementing the Marketing Strategy (00:19:05) Guidance on assessing current advertising channels, revamping content, and staying responsive to market changes.
      Connect with Chris:

[email protected]
      Phone: 940.400.1008
      www.autoshopcoaching.com
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
      AutoFixAutoShopCoachingYoutube: https://bit.ly/3ClX0ae

#autofixautoshopcoaching #autofixbeautofixing #autoshopprofits #autoshopprofit #autoshopprofitsfirst #autoshopleadership #autoshopmanagement #autorepairshopcoaching #autorepairshopconsulting #autorepairshoptraining #autorepairshop #autorepair #serviceadvisor #serviceadvisorefficiency #autorepairshopmarketing #theweeklyblitz #autofix #shopmarketingpros #autofixautoshopcoachingbook
    • By Joe Marconi

Premium Member Content 

This content is hidden to guests, one of the benefits of a paid membership. Please login or register to view this content.

• By carmcapriotto
      In the latest episode of Business by the Numbers, Hunt Demarest, CPA at Paar Mellis & Associates, tackles your top questions on taxes, accounting, and navigating government policies for small businesses. This episode explores how recent government actions like the budget deal affect your business, alongside evergreen topics like:
      • Paying Yourself: What's the best way to balance salary and dividends, especially considering different business structures like S corporations and sole proprietorships?
      • Succession Planning: How can you smoothly transfer your business to a family member, weighing the pros and cons of stock vs. asset sales?
      • Accounting Methods: The real impact of choosing between accrual and cash accounting for your business's financial health.
      • Overtime Calculations: Navigating the complexities of overtime pay, focusing on the nuances of bonuses in your payroll.
      Thanks to our partners, NAPA TRACS and Promotive
      Did you know that NAPA TRACS has onsite training plus six days a week support?
      It all starts when a local representative meets with you to learn about your business and how you run it.  After all, it's your shop, so it's your choice.
      Let us prove to you that Tracs is the single best shop management system in the business.  Find NAPA TRACS on the Web at NAPATRACS.com
      It’s time to hire a superstar for your business; what a grind you have in front of you. Great news, you don’t have to go it alone. Introducing Promotive, a full-service staffing solution for your shop. Promotive has over 40 years of recruiting and automotive experience. If you need qualified technicians and service advisors and want to offload the heavy lifting, visit www.gopromotive.com.

Paar Melis and Associates – Accountants Specializing in Automotive Repair
      Visit us Online: www.paarmelis.com
      Email Hunt: [email protected]
      Get a copy of my Book: Download Here
      Aftermarket Radio Network

• Similar Tagged Content

• Our Sponsors