Quantcast
    • You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.

Questions to everybody.  Who is mass texting their customers?  What company are you using?  Cost?  Complaints.?  We do use e-mailing with over 50% opening.  With the covid-19 we want to let all our customers know we are open, we are

essential company and how we are doing business now? Keeping them informed. weekly.

• Like 1

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      I have been contacted by many shop owners about the decision to close or not. In most cases across the nation, Auto Repair Professionals are considered essential workers. Which means that we can stay open for business.  However, even though we are essential, I personally will not demand my employees to come to work. If business fails because of this virus, it will fail in the short term.  We will all eventually find a way to come back and rebuild our businesses.  
      Things are changing by the hour, and that makes our decisions as leaders even more difficult. I don’t want to get sucked into panic, but I don’t want to turn a blind eye to the fact that we are in uncharted territories and that we are all learning from this crisis together.
      The decision to close your business is yours.  There is no wrong or right decision here.  The safety and well-being of our families are our number one concern.  If it makes it any easier, make your next decisions from the heart, not from a business standpoint.  Be strong, be a leader, and know that we will get though this.
      When the dust begins to settle, we will have learned a lot about business and even more about who we are are as a culture and a society. 
      I cannot tell you what I am doing tomorrow.  I plan on having a meeting with my staff, and a decision will be made to stay open, cut staff, cut hours or perhaps another scenario will surface.  I will keep you updated and try to bring a little sanity to everyone during these crazy times.
      You are all leaders; you are automotive shop owners. You are the toughest of the toughest.  I know you and I will prevail through these troubling times and I look forward to the future when we can all look back and say…”We may it through, and we’re better off for it.”
    • By AutoShopOwner
      As a growing number of states issue emergency orders to close non-essential businesses, the U.S. government has issued guidance declaring that automotive repair and maintenance are “essential” functions.     
      A March 19 memo from the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) includes automotive repair and maintenance employees in a list of “essential critical infrastructure workers.”
      “If you work in a critical infrastructure industry, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, such as health care services and pharmaceutical and food supply, you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule,” CISA Director Christopher Krebs says in the memo.
      The list of essential critical infrastructure workers includes “employees who repair and maintain vehicles, aircraft, rail equipment, marine vessels and the equipment and infrastructure that enables operations that encompass movement of cargo and passengers,” as well as “employees supporting or enabling transportation functions, including truck drivers, bus drivers, dispatchers, maintenance and repair technicians, warehouse workers, truck stop and rest area workers, and workers that maintain and inspect infrastructure (including those that require cross-jurisdiction travel).”

As a growing number of states issue emergency orders to close non-essential businesses, the U.S. government has issued guidance declaring that automotive repair and maintenance are “essential” functions.     
      A March 19 memo from the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) includes automotive repair and maintenance employees in a list of “essential critical infrastructure workers.”
      “If you work in a critical infrastructure industry, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, such as health care services and pharmaceutical and food supply, you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule,” CISA Director Christopher Krebs says in the memo.
      The list of essential critical infrastructure workers includes “employees who repair and maintain vehicles, aircraft, rail equipment, marine vessels and the equipment and infrastructure that enables operations that encompass movement of cargo and passengers,” as well as “employees supporting or enabling transportation functions, including truck drivers, bus drivers, dispatchers, maintenance and repair technicians, warehouse workers, truck stop and rest area workers, and workers that maintain and inspect infrastructure (including those that require cross-jurisdiction travel).”
      For additional information, contact Aaron Lowe, senior vice president, government and regulatory affairs, at [email protected] or Tom Tucker, director, state affairs, at [email protected]
      Source: https://www.counterman.com/automotive-repair-service-deemed-essential/
    • By tco
      Loma Solutions represents a 0% credit card fee solution.   We have 1000's of customers in the US and our solution makes auto shop owners thousands of extra dollars every year.

How does 0% processing work?
      When your customer decides to pay with a card, they have 2 options.  If they use a credit card, a small percentage of the transaction will be charged to their card.  If they use a debit card, there will be no fee to the customer.  Our software does all the work and explains to the customer of their choice prior to the card being authorized.

What exactly are the costs to the merchant and to the customer?
      For credit cards: Merchant pays zero credit card fees, the customer pays 3.5% of the transaction
      For debit cards:  Merchant pays 1% + $0.25/authorization, the customer pays 0 fees

Facts:
      - A card swiper is not needed: credit card information can be typed in a phone, computer or over the phone.  There is a 'brick' card swiper if needed*
      - No set-up costs or any other fees
      - Our agreement is month-to-month
      - If you auto batch by 8:00 PM EST, you get your money the next day
      - The solution complies with all card rules and regulations
      - We'll have you up-and-running within a week

Benefits to the Merchant:
      *** You are being fair to your customer by offering them a choice to pay a fee or not, while you are eliminating your credit card fees, which can be up to 2.5% of your total card sales.
      - Simple to use and all charges are viewable through our real-time online portal.  
      - Support: our team is there when you need us.  We will show you and anyone on your team how to use the solution, but it’s very straight forward.

Making you more money!
      If your current credit card fees are 2.5% of your total card sales, for every $50,000 in credit card transactions, you'll put an extra $1,250 in your pocket.
      * we will provide you with a ‘brick’ terminal: $35/month if needed.  This includes free paper re-supplies.
        Reach out if you'd like to discuss.
    • By smittysgarae
      Wanting some opinions. I have been having a problem the last couple years with customers approving repairs and when we get the job done and call them for them to come pick up and pay they either don’t have the money all of a sudden or say they will come get it and don’t. It may sit there for months, I had one sit for two years that owed 3000 dollars. Finally got my money! Just wondering what some of you guys do? Thought of charging storage after so many days? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      Years back we never considered the car dealer a threat. But today it's different.  After the great recession, the dealers that survived understand that in order to thrive they need one thing….the independent aftermarket consumer.  In other words, your customers. 
      New car dealers today are more competitive, their customer service has improved, they make a big deal at the time of the sale to get that customer back to the dealer for service, and they are very proactive with giving away oil changes and selling maintenance packages.
      Your customer may be loyal, but under the spell of very convincing salesperson, a new car buyer just might cross over to the dark side.
      What are you doing to retain your customers?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Ron Ipach
      If you are currently texting your clients and are using one of those potentially expensive services that charge a pretty decent monthly fee, and then in some cases, up to an additional dollar per text to send automated and group texts to your clients, you'll probably want to check out a service that I've been recommending to my clients for several years - and it's totally FREE for your first 250 texts, then only .05 cents for each text after that.
      https://www.eztexting.com/
      Sure, it doesn't have a direct link to your client list, requiring you to export/import your mobile numbers into their system (a 10-minute process) - but once your client's mobile numbers are uploaded into EZtexting you can pre-schedule your individual and group texts to go out whenever you wish.
      Happy texting!
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors