Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.

Help i need shop keepers insurance now. I have no claims in the last 3 year and 1 for $400 5 years ago. We went thru a rough time and paid the premium on the last day of when they sent notce. They won't renew .on going through Keller Stonehenge for pen n national .I have a 2 bay shop for over 10 years what a shock

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      After 39 years in business, it's time to get serious about my exit plan. While I don't think I will ever truly retire, I do think it's time to plan the next chapter in my life.  I would  like to hear from shop owners out there in the same  situation.  What are your plans?  Are you selling your repair shop?  Do you have a succession plan?  And are you thinking about a different line of work to keep you busy?

• By Joe Marconi
      Shop owners, you have a little less than two months before the end of the year.  And that means it's time to start thinkning about your Tax Planning for 2019. Don't procrastinate on this. Meet with accountant. Review the year, review profit.  Consider things such as major equipmenet purchases and other major investments you made in 2019.  Look at bottom line profit and determine if you set aside enough cash to pay your taxes come April 15, 2020.  
      One thing, Cash is King, So, before you purhase any major equipment before the end of the year, listen to your accoutant, not the Tool Sales-person.  In many cases, it's better to pay some tax and hold on to cash for a rainy day. 
      A little planning now will save you big time in 2020, and also help you sleep better! 

• By sparkerauto
      Has anyone painted the shop floor ? Looking at what products actually work and can withstand all the chemicals and chipping. Thanks in advance !
    • By Joe Marconi
      The mild fall appears to have caused a slow down for many shops. We have seen this before.  But, winter tempertures are here, and the threat of snow will boost repair shops.  
    • By kjj475054
      What is best shop management software with a robust crm system?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Biff Tannon
      I am a mobile mechanic currently with safeco, but my local agent quit using them because their prices went up substantially.

• By Ernie
      Hello Would anyone have a suggestion for an insurance company in Indiana for a shop insurance qoute?
    • By s.hughes
      I need some recommendations on learning more about garage keepers insurance. Like basically where to start, how to shop for it, any information would be helpful.

To give you a little background on where I am coming from: My brother and I are taking over the business, our father is 69 and is working his way into retirement. He has done a great job on teaching us how to run a shop, we are both very good service managers, however we have little experience on the business end of things. The reason that I am so interested in insurance is at the end of last year we were dropped by our underwriter, not for too many claims, just because, well I don't really know why. I think it had more to with the insurance company and the direction they were heading. Anyway our insurance guy scrambled to get us insurance at the 11th hour and needless to say we are paying out the nose.

We have 2 locations and do general automotive repair. The kicker is, we also have 2-3 service trucks and do on site tire repair for semi and construction tires. Yes, I know, there is my expensive insurance issue. However we have never paid this much before and I think part of it is who we are dealing with.

With all that being said I am trying to be proactive and learn as much as I can, so that maybe when it is time to renew we can get this expense a little more inline.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
    • By tasr
      I'm looking at renting a location to open a new shop and the owners are asking me to carry 2 million general aggregate, 1 million per occurence. 100,000 fire damage liability and 5000 medical.

In speaking to a few agent they seem to think it's a bit high.

Can ya'll post what you typically carry on your shop?

Thanks!
    • By mccannable
      I am planning a soft opening in mid to late January and have started looking for insurance quotes. I did not realize how difficult this may end up being. I have only spoken with two offices so far. The first could not cover a new venture(without previous experience) and the other wants all the info of all the employees up front before they can quote(we are hiring one mechanic and do not have that info yet). I understand cost will be higher fora new business but am having a hard time budgeting for this expense. I know there are many factors involved but if anyone that has started in the recent path could shed some light on this topic I would appreciate it. I did search here and did not find alot but online i found quite a few quotes for detail shops that seemed very reasonable(under 200/month). In my business plan I budgeted for $900 for Liability and Garage keepers.

any advice is always appreciated.
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors