Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.

Spring is here!  Market you shop in your community. Dollar for dollar, the best marketing you can do is right in your own back yard. This is the time of the year when a lot of outdoor events begin: From youth sports to adult golf games. In addition, there are fund raisers each weekend.

Find out what's going on in your community. Get involved. Sponsor a youth sport's team, sponsor a golf tournament fund raiser or other fund raiser events.  Get your shop known for being part of the community, not just another repair shop.  The more you stand out, the more people will take notice and stronger your business will become!

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      Let's face it, all of us were affected by COVID-19. Some more than others.  One of the biggest issue is the feeling of uncertainty....what we call the unknown.  But, humans are no strangers to tough times.  Tough times brings clarity and opportunity.  It forces us to create new strategies in an effort to improve both our business and personal life. 
      We cannot turn back the hands of time. 2020 will be behind us in a few days.  Work hard now to make 2021 a banner year.  There has never been a time so important as now. Learn from the events of 2020. Create your new goals. Work on your people skills. Work on the numbers of the business.
      I am sure all of us learned many lessons this past year, and one of them was to be financially prepared for a crisis.  While COVID was different, the financially-stronger shops did do better. 
      Lastly, have a positive mindset at all times. And set the right tone as the leader of your shop. Your positive attitude will create the right culture and a pathway to better times.  
      What lessons have you learned and would like to share? 

• By Joe Marconi
      I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and the very best in 2017!

I also want to take this time to thank all of our amazing members for making AutoShopOwner.com the number 1 go-to auto shop business forums website on the planet!

Joe Marconi
    • By carmcapriotto
      There are a lot of variables when we talk about shop efficiency. There is culture, environment, leadership and more. There is no single formula that can solve shop efficiency. But if there are the right guidelines, our panel today, certainly has the answers. A big thank you to Chris Monroe, Joe Marconi, and Kevin Vaught for sharing their expertise for you. So many small things done right makes for improved efficiency.
      Chris Monroe is a coach who owns Monroe Tire & Service at Shelby, NC., Joe Marconi is a coach who also owns Osceola Garage at Baldwin Place, NY.,  and  Kevin Vaught is a former multi shop owner and is an Elite Worldwide Business Development Coach
      The key talking points from this episode are already done for you on the show notes page at https://remarkableresults.biz/a201

• By CAautogroup
      Hello all,

Our air compressor just gave out. I was looking around for a new one since the cost to replace the motor and pump is about $900.00. What brand air compressor would you all recommend that can put up with the heat and daily usage ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Nick
    • By Noah Harrison
      So I have a towing business and I’m looking at opening a repair/body shop, trying to figure out how to go about getting into that industry.
      any input helps
      thanks in advance!

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Joe Marconi
      Got your attention? Good.  That's the power of advertising and marketing.  I know many of you are affected by COVID and experiencing a downturn economically.   Studies have shown that the businesses that maintain advertising during downturns do better with market share and sales when the economy returns to normal. 
      Maintaining your marketing presence is a lot easier and less expensive than playing catch up when things get better. 
      I know the reality of tough times.  Do your best to maintain your advertising during tough times.  You will get back what you invest. 
    • By Joe Marconi
      Most of you probably already know what I am about to say:  The Service Advisor position is the most crucial position in the shop.  I know, I know, what about the mechanical work done by the techs?  Well, that's important too, of course. 
      For the most part, customers spend their hard-earned money and most of time don't really know or see what was done to their car.  Let's face it, the customer can't see the water pump or T-belt. And most of the time, the customer does not feel any difference with the car as they drive out of your parking lot. 
      What the customer does see (or experience) is how she was treated.  And that makes all the difference in the world.
      Plus, great service advisors also motivate the technicians, because great advisors are also great leaders of people. 
      Think about this...Six months from now, your customer will not remember the fuel injection relay or the mass air sensor that was replaced....but she WILL remember how she was treated. 
      And trust me, that OE-quality fuel injection relay install by a certified A-level Master tech using Snap On tools and a Launch Scanner IS NOT the reason WHY your customers return to you....She returns because of the level of service your provide.

• By Joe Marconi
      I know it's not going to be Back to School as usual this year, but there will be increased traffic on the road as more people perform school-related errands.  It's your obligation to your customers and the community to make sure the roads are safe.
      Many people have neglected their cars the past few months, making a lot of opportunity for your shop.  
      Get your Fall/Back to School marketing plan in place today!
      Want to share ideas?  Even Better! 

• By Joe Marconi
      As part of our debt reduction, I revamped all of our usual marketing and advertising and put those dollars into customer service and social media. For example, we ramped up our shuttle pickup and delivery service, extended our hours of service, made sure we spend a lot of time with each customer and made sure we called as many customers as possible.  We also stepped up our meet and greet process and made sure will followed up with customer after the repair. Lastly, we increased our social media posts and increases ads and boosting. This has made a huge impact on our customer and already starting to pay dividends.
      What changes have you made to your marketing strategy since the Virus Crisis hit?
    • By JustTheBest
      Here's 14 Secrets that virtually guarantee car count - in ANY Economy!

Hope this helps!
      Matthew
      "The Car Count Fixer"

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors

Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Fast Free Shipping on All Orders Over $50

Fast Free Shipping on All Orders Over $50