Quantcast

Shop Owners: Celebrate July 4th!

Very on point Joe, Where I work we actually had the opposite happen. Our service writer has been ill in and out of hospital for months now and now at the point where there is a 99.9% chance he won't return. I have taken over his roll on top of my mechanical duties so making less money since I am commissioned. HeThe owner came up to me yesterday morning after he got there about 10:30 I start at 8 . He asked me if we were working tomorrow the 4th . I told he we have never worked the 4th , he has owned the station about 4 years now. I have been there almost 27 years . He said we have every year , well he had a few back yard guys that came in because they were able to rip customers and pocket money . I told him no way we are closed so he went behind my back and asked the other two guys if they would work they both turned him down.. The end of last week and this week have been horrible extremely hot heat index of 105-110 no a/c no offering from him for breaks or early dismissal . He then comes to me and says to not let anyone have gatorade from the store up front if they want anything they can have water. I told him that was unacceptable we need something to keep us going and water does not have the salts etc we need for this kind of heat. After being in the shop he went back to his a/c office saying it was to hot in the bays.. Then a few hours later a customer came in for a MD inspection , I had been in the heat all day and had a bit to finish up so I told him no. He is an inspector (don't know how he got a license he is not a mechanic by any means) I told him he could do it if he wanted to, his response "it's too hot for me to work in this heat" WOW!!! He just purchased about 30 grand worth of cars from auction for his self 3 top of the line siennas 2013 . So he is no crying he is not making money well this time of year we don't make that much , school just out and the holiday. It just kills me just shows that all his employees are  are robots (slaves) to him , and beneath him. Yes there is a cultural difference he is (Pakistani Muslim ) but we are after all human .. So take care of one another if it hard for you to do something or be in a situation it is probably just as hard for your employees . A happy comfortable employee is going to be more willing to work hard and not make mistakes vs someone that is not appreciated or treated as a lesser of a human being . Everyone have a Safe, fun and relaxing 4th everyone ... HAPPY 4TH !!!!!

• Like 1