Quantcast

Just looking into a new tool. Have used a torch for 40 years, but have been hearing good things about the Mini Ductor series of tools. Anyone have experience with these and how much you paid and where.

Purchased one a few years back from snap-on.  I think it was 400-500 back then.  I believe it was a driver side rear sway bar link on a Trailblazer, (next to the gas tank) that finally sold me on it.  Since then there have been numerous use cases that it has come in handy.

We have two.  They tend to get used more when we are out of torch gas.  Really handy in tight areas where you don’t want or can’t use a flame.  I also have a pad for working dents out of sheet metal.  Very good tool for your collection.  The first one came with equipment I bought from another shop.  It’s the original tune design.  The second came used off a Cornwall truck.  Don’t remember what I paid.

Edited by SoutStMtrs
More infor

• 1 month later...

I bought one when it first came out for mechanics (it's been around the auto body scene forever I guess) and after wearing it out I bought another one. It doesn't replace the torch, your not cutting bolts off with it but to loosen up sway bar nuts and gas tank straps it's perfect. 

Edited by alfredauto