• Announcements

• AutoShopOwner

Advertising & Promoting Your Company On AutoShopOwner - Information   02/25/2017

This message is only shown to FREE members and goes away after subscribing to a paid membership. If you are joining AutoShopOwner to promote your business, service, or product to this community of auto shop owners, please subscribe to a Sponsor Member Annual Package before doing so. With the correct membership, you will have the ability to post about your company in your posts and forum signature.

You can upgrade your existing membership here.

All marketing attempts to this community without proper membership level and/or approval by staff, will be considered spam, result in topic/post removal, and a warning, which can lead up to the banning of your membership, company and/or product on all pages of AutoShopOwner.

Thank you for your support.

Hi, so yesterday a girl walks in and handed me some pictures of what looks to be a Black spot on her cooling fan like something has been rubbing on it. She explained that she was on a trip over the weekend and something it happened she lost all her coolant while driving. She had it towed to the local Subaru dealer. They told her the cooling fan had rubbed a spot through on the upper radiator hose causing the engine to loose it’s coolant, it overheated and now supposedly the engine is seized up. Guess who just replace the radiator about one month ago Yep we did. Luckily she’s a very nice girl but kind of sat there wondering what I would do for her. she said the dealer quoted her six grand for a new engine... of course that’s not gonna happen since has approximately 200,000 on her 05 Subaru Outback. Now the vehicle is approximately three hours away and she’s wondering what I can do for her. I talk to the dealership that the car is that they basically said whoever put the radiator in is at fault but they didn’t know why the hose started rubbing against the fan??? Anyway we were in that spot last so I feel like I’m responsible to do something. Wondering if anybody has any thoughts on how to handle this, or if anyone has had similar situations. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk