Quantcast

sparkerauto

What parts do you stock?

Just curious to what people actually keep in stock to make the work day go easier. Like batteries, tires, brakes, bulbs, ect.... I am trying to figure out what I should actually keep in stock so I don't have to wait for things. Also where are you guys getting your hardware from ? Thanks guys

We stock air, cabin, and oil filters for the cars we mainly work on. We keep 2 gallons of universal coolant concentrate, stock most bulbs (except HID), and most wipers. Trans fluid, p/s fluid, and brake fluid.

Stock oil filters, oil, hardware(nuts and bolts),coolant (various types), and brake fluid. Everything else we have 6 suppliers in a 30 min delivery time.

Richard

Stocking inventory can be tricking. There are many things to consider: How far are your main suppliers? Do you accomodate wait customers? And what type of services do you perform? I stock only those parts that I know I can move fast and are needed to maintain production levels: cabin and air filters, batteries, oil, oil filters, antifreeze, trans fluid, BG additives, drain plugs and gaskets, wiper blades, hardware and other misc items.

One thing to consider is the amount of money sitting on your shelf. Cash flow can be affected if your inventory is not in balance and you stock too much. And don't go by the part rep. You know your business the best, set you own stocking levels.

Oil, over 50 part #'s of oil filters, over 50 part #'s of air filters, 25 Part #'s of cabin filters, power steering fluid, brake fluid, transmission fluid of practically all types, anti-freeze, wiper blades, hose clamps, wiring and connector kits, butt loads of wire loom, push pin assortments, drain plug and drain plug gasket assortments, headlamps, mini-lamps, oil additives, fuel additives, several very good penetrants (Kroil, B-G, etc.) assortments of fuel, transmission, and vacuum hoses, and lots of supplies like pop rivets, etc. B-G Fuel kits and additives. Interstate batteries and some batteries we get on special.

Borrowed this section from Advanced tire and auto post -power steering fluid, brake fluid, transmission fluid of practically all types, anti-freeze, wiper blades, hose clamps, wiring and connector kits, butt loads of wire loom, push pin assortments, drain plug and drain plug gasket assortments, headlamps, mini-lamps, oil additives, fuel additives, several very good penetrants (Kroil, B-G, etc.) assortments of fuel, transmission, and vacuum hoses, and lots of supplies like pop rivets, etc. B-G Fuel kits and additives.

WE ALSO stocking the top 10 delco batteries , about 50 different oil filters, top 25 air filters , top 25 cabin air filters , door panel clips , door lock rod clips ( when we have to run to the dealer for a special clip we buy 2 and put one in stock and charge enough to cover both , about 10,000 feet of different colors of wire and 10 drawers of electrical terminals ,( we do a lot of wiring repair) fuel line o rings , top 10 fuel filters fuel line clips ,

The little tiny parts take as much if not more time to locate and get then the $50 parts Time is money when something is stuck in the bay for a little clip or plastic body clip to get them off the rack

All other parts for a repair we order as needed - having $500 worth of little clips, bulbs, fuses , etc has paid for itself over and over

• Like 1

We stock wipers, batteries, oil filters, oil, coolant, brake fluid and trans fluid. Napa is 2 doors down from me (10 sec walk) so we don't need to stock anything but we stock more to help sell and display.