Quantcast

Shop Owners need a plan for success

I agree 100%! If you fail to plan... you're really just 'planning to fail'. I don't know who said that... but it's the truth. One of the biggest things I see shop owners miss out on (especially when it comes to marketing) is doing things that they can't measure. If you can't measure it - don't do it.

What do I mean about measurement? It's all about ROI or your return on investment. I've seen mailing campaigns with great response - but no profit. You don't have to spend a lot - you just have to target correctly. And then, measure the results. As an example, if a campaign costs you $500 and returns $2000 in work, you're probably making money. But you'll never know if you don't track it.

One of the simplest ways to track things is using a simple excel spreadsheet. Nothing fancy, and you've probably already got Excel on your computer. The rate of response doesn't matter - it's all about ROI.

In one case, I worked with a shop to send out a simple letter to 76 targeted customers. So let's call it about $1 per letter with postage. The response was 16% which is nice - but more impressive was the $9600 in sales. Because he tracked it, do you think we'll do the same thing next month? You bet!

Hope this helps!

Matthew Lee

"The Car Count Fixer"

• Like 1