Quantcast

CAZM

follow up calls

Use a spreadsheet. If you print a copy of the invoice for your files put a big "$" in pink highlighter to mark those as follow up leads that needs to be called on recommendations.

At check out, let the customer know you will be calling him to follow up as a courtesy for the pending work recommendations. I.e, "Mr Wilson, please don't forget you will need those tires in the coming months, I will give you a call in a few weeks just to remind you, ok. It is good to see you, thank you for letting us take care of your car."

Follow up calls is one the best marketing strategies and great customer service. Plus, it just makes sense. The customer experience doesn't stop after the car leaves your shop.

Don't over think this. Simply get a list from your management system of the people that were in for service. Go down the list, make the calls and make notes.

We call most people, especially first time customers. We don't call customers that came in a set of wipers or a light bulb or other simple services.

We call every customer who comes in for repairs, but not the ones who get simple services done ( oil changes, inspections, bulbs ) first time customers also get a letter on nice letterhead also thanking them for choosing us and listing our services and warranties.

I think it's important to still call on many of the basic services to either just say thanks or it was good to see them again. The big thing being an excuse for an additional reminder of who you are in there life.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

We call every customer including the $7 state inspection customers. We call on Mondays and Thursdays and usually call in the AM. We really only hope to leave a message thanking them for their business. New customers not only receive a phone call but also a welcome letter package. Just about everything is paperless in our shop except the final bill that we have them sign. We attach the CC receipt and image it. Then the invoice is placed in a call back file which we use for the call backs. We shred them after that. That seems to be the easiest because all the information is on the invoice as to what was done. If we just used the delivery report from the system it just gives you basic information. Most of the customers are emailed and surveyed online also.