Quantcast

Bob K

Hours per ticket and A R O

I could really use some tried and true tips on how to increase my hours per ticket and aro. Current hrs per ticket is 1.1 and aro 226.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Increase auto repair sales by adding to the cart

Retail stores have known for a long time that adding or increasing the size of shopping carts also increases sales. Consumers may go to the store with a list, but as they pass through the aisles, having a cart makes it easy to add to that list.  While your repair shop does not use shopping cart, the same strategy can used. Every customer that books an appointment as done so with some sort of list; an oil change service, a brake issue, tire rotation, etc.  Through an effective multipoint inspection and looking at service schedules, you can make suggestions to your customers that can add to their cart; essentially increasing sales per vehicle. One last thing: Always make service and repair suggestions to the customer that is in their best interest and have value, and you can’t go wrong.  It’s actually great customer service. 

By Joe Marconi, in Joe’s Business Tips For Shop Owners

• 0 replies
    • Opinions on my work hours

Hi, everyone   I just opened an auto repair shop about 4 months ago, but I'm still working my full time job as a tech therefore I open the shop from 4 pm until 9pm M-F and 8-5 on Saturday. I'm starting to build customers but most are from referrals and neighbors I don't get much traffic cars. I'm starting to think that the hours I'm open don't really work for the auto repair business seems like after 6 everything dies. Has anyone worked this kind of hours or what do you guys think about this odd hours.

By Zs Automotive, in Workflow Management

• 20 replies
    • How do you keep track of employee hours?

Hello all, We currently pay our techs by the hour until business starts to pick up on mechanic jobs. Techs normally get a 1 hr lunch break (no paid). However, we have noticed that techs are leaving early and showing up late. As an off site owner, I find it difficult to keep track of hours, and would not like to pay for hours techs are not there. We have tried to use the honor system; however, may times techs are "forgetting" to note time in an out on the calendar.    Any suggestions? Do you use an electronic clocking in an out system? Have the manager in charge do it?   Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.   Regards, Nick 

By CAautogroup, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 11 replies
    • After hours training

DO you pay your techs for after hours training that they requested to go to? We paid for the training.

By spencersauto, in General Automotive Discussion

• 5 replies
    • Evening Hours/Second Shift

Does anyone here operate any evening hours or run two shifts?

By xrac, in General Automotive Discussion

• 9 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors