Quantcast

John Pearson

Alignment Lift, flush mounted or not?

All of the alignment lifts I have used before have always been mounted on the surface compared to flush mounted. If you were going to install a new lift today would you flush mount it or not?

What are the pros and cons?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Today is Pearl Harbor Day- Let us all remember

National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, which is annually on December 7, commemorates the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, in Hawaii. Many American service men and women lost their lives or were injured on December 7, 1941. National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day is also referred to as Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day or Pearl Harbor Day.

By Joe Marconi, in AutoShopOwner Announcements

• 1 reply
    • Wheel Alignment lifts

Our shop is being refitted with all new equipment. Up for discussion is the choice of wheel alignment lifts. The local distribution here in Hong Kong, has two brands on offer: Hunter, who are well known and reputable, and Ravaglioli, who are well-represented, but relatively unknown to me. Does anyone here have any information to share on the pro's and cons of these two?   I've had mixed results with Italian equipment in the past, some good, some tragic. Hoping to avoid any unnecessary shedding of tears, blood and cash.

By HK Blackbird, in Automotive Shop Tools & Equipment

• 3 replies
    • Today is National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, also referred to as Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day or Pearl Harbor Day, is observed annually in the United States on December 7, to remember and honor the 2,403 citizens of the United States who were killed in the Japanese surprise attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii on December 7, 1941.  Let us never forget!  

• 0 replies
    • Dedicated alignment lift or 2 post with stands?

Anyone using alignment stands on a 2 post lift? How are they for daily use?   I have a smaller shop with 2 techs and 3 bays, We have 2 lifts and 1 small "flat" bay. We are Japanese specialty shop that is growing and we were planning to add a new lift to the flat bay. The bay is not deep enough for a true 4 post alignment lift, so I was planning to purchase a new 2 post lift and add stands with an alignment machine in the near future. In searching for the right lift to be used with stands, I was just offered a used 2 post Hunter alignment rack that would fit in the bay for the same price as the 2 post with stands... and that really got me thinking...   We do an average of 25 cars a week on 2 makes and we are adding 3 more early this year (thus the need for another lift). We just started doing tires this past year and only sublet alignments when they are absolutely necessary. Our situation is pushing us towards needing an alignment machine in house, but we could use another lift for "over flow" just a much.     Knowing that we will be doing alignments out of necessity in the near future, I am leaning towards having a dedicated alignment lift. My questions are:   1. Does anyone regret purchasing their stands over an actual alignment lift? 2. Does anyone do "other" work on their alignment lift? 3. And how many alignments should I really expect?     If space were a major issue, what would you do? (Drive-on alignment lift -OR- 2 post lift with alignment stands?)

By J.P. GLENN, in Automotive Shop Tools & Equipment

• 25 replies
    • Today is Veteran's Day: Remember and Celebrate

Let us always remember and honor those that served in the military to protect the greatest nation on Earth - The United States of America Veterans Day is an official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11, that honors military veterans; that is, persons who served in the United States Armed Forces. It coincides with other holidays, including Armistice Day and Remembrance Day, celebrated in other countries that mark the anniversary of the end of World War I; major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, when the Armistice with Germany went into effect. The United States previously observed Armistice Day. The U.S. holiday was renamed Veterans Day in 1954.

• 2 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors