Quantcast

Just what I was looking for.

John Pearson

I was excited when I found ratchet and wrench, now that I have found this place I am over joyed. I am always looking for new friends that have been there and done it that can help me along my way.

I have been working on cars for 6 years for others, 4 years in the army working on helicopters and cars on the side I accidently got in over my head. So I figured the way to fix being up to my eyeballs in work was to move in to a real shop and out of my garage and hire help.

We learned a lot on our own, made a lot of mistakes but owned up to them and now we are working 16 hours a day to get all the cars through the 1 lift that we have.

We offer everything from oil changes, Tires, A/C, alignments, to aftermarket lifts, Winterizations (its an alaska thing) and standard Diag and repair. The amount of special tools we have bought has been astronomical and now we even have Ford IDS and plan on adding the a few more dealer level tools by the end of the year.

I hope to be an asset and learn from the pros about how to run a business fixing cars is easy.

My problem right now is the 1 bay, there is no where to move to, and my money people don't want me to build the building that I want to build that we would grow in to. They recommend half the size and dont want to see us grow to quickly, and I agree. So now I am stuck in between a rock and a hard place.

Grammarly Writing Support

The #1 Writing Tool

Grammarly Writing Support

First, welcome to AutoShopOwner.com. There is a ton of information and a lot of great shop owners that are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Having only one lift is an issue. You need to put a plan in place to grow. It can be slow, but you will find it hard to move forward with only one lift.

Welcome again and looking forward to share and exchange ideas and comments.

What kind of business do you guys do in the cold months?

A lot of power steering lines, we have a place here that cuts them apart and braises in new fittings and arctic grade rubber, but 2 weeks out all the time is normal. right now I have 16 cars on my desk to be worked on and 1 week of a full schedule.

being between 2 military bases one 3 miles away and the other 10 miles away but they have to drive past us to get to town and being prior military myself I think helps ALOT.

Edited by John Pearson

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Have you checked out Joe's Latest Blog?

• By Joe Marconi in Joe's Blog
      There are many things to consider when creating a marketing plan. Among them are establishing a budget, what forms of media should be used, and whether traditional advertising, such as TV, radio, and print, is still relevant.  And of course, how much should be allocated to social media and digital advertising?
      All the above are essentials to any marketing plan. However, the first step is ensuring that you have a healthy workplace and that your employees understand your company’s culture and the overall mission and vision. 
      We all know that happy employees create happy customers. No form of advertising can overcome a toxic workplace with unhappy employees. If your employees are not creating an amazing customer experience, your marketing plan will not work.
      Advertising and marketing may bring in customers, but the people in your company creating an amazing customer experience will be the most important component of your marketing plan.  It’s the customer experience that sells work and gives the customer a reason to return. 
      Creating an amazing employee experience, which creates an amazing customer experience, is also the most cost-effective part of your marketing plan. In fact, it cost next to nothing.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found