Quantcast
    • You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
Big_K

Tell Technician to Stop Coming in Late he says now he's Injured...

So one of our technicians has been slacking off... he was never a hard worker, but we thought we'd give him a chance.

He began to habitually come in late, we don't have in a "clock in" system nor a handbook, nor any kind of written procedures. (Something that needs to be worked on)

Well, on Monday morning he comes in 20 minutes late, I tell him that he is yet again 20 minutes late and whether he takes his work seriously because I can find someone that will.

He comes back with a big attitude about how he bumped his head, and he did it here and now his head hurts. So I had a choice "he can forget that he bumped his head" or "go to the doctor."

I sent him to the doctor, this morning he comes in 7 minutes late, goes to the bathroom for 10 minutes. I tell him he's ready for work 17 minutes late. He walks away, I say he needs to show some respect. He says he doesn't since its not in his job description?????

I want to just fire him, but workers comp put him on "Modified work" so he can't lift anything about 40 lbs.

His diagnosing skills are wrong, how do I go about legally firing this guy...I wanted to throw him out after he started giving attitude but didn't want to get an unlawful termination case...seems as though he is baiting us to do it. I am dumbfounded how bad his attitude change as soon as he got verbally warned.

Advice? I want to create a clock-in policy today and install software and have everyone do it. (no one else has trouble with this)

Edited by Big_K

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By AutoShopOwner
      A new chapter in the DieHard story begins. Watch as John McClane faces off against old foes and crosses paths with old friends. From fighting his way to Advance Auto Parts to racing against the clock to install his new DieHard Battery – McClane will stop at nothing, to start his car again.

• By Joe Marconi
      Most of are familiar or use the more popular Automotive Business Management systems, such as MItchell 1 or RO Writer.  
      However, there is a lot of concern among many shop owners that these companies in particular are not meeting the needs for the modern automotive repair shop. 
      What system do you use and/or what systems have you checked into that look promising? 

• By Elite Worldwide Inc.
      This is your last chance to enroll your service advisors in Elite's Masters Service Advisor Training Program starting September 10-12! 
      To ensure that we're able to comply with social distancing and keep your advisors safe, this is a rare opportunity for your advisors to receive this industry leading sales training entirely online! 
      Your advisors will not only receive 100% of the training that we offer at the live 3-day course, but you'll be able to save on travel and hotel expenses, and your advisors won't have to spend any extra time out of the shop due to travel. Most importantly, after the initial 3 days of online training, your service advisors will still get the identical 6 months of sales coaching from Ratchet & Wrench All-Star Award winner Jen Monclus, which has been proven to increase sales by an AVERAGE of $10,750 per month after the training!
      This is your last chance to enroll, so give us a call at 800-204-3548 to take advantage of this rare opportunity. For more info, feel free to visit our Masters Program web page. 
    • By Joe Marconi
      With Mother Google literally tied to our hands, through our cell phones; are part margins becoming more difficult to achieve?  Traditionally, shops use a 50% part margin, which they deserve.  But, we live in a world today where part prices are so transparent that maybe we need to rethink this.
      Consider this: What  if we concede on prices?  Hold to a suggested list…BUT…raise our labor rate to offset the loss in overall profit. In other words, keep your parts prices at a margin the consumer will not question,  but raise your labor to make up the part profit? 
      This is being discussed around the country and there are shops that have implemented this strategy.  We can’t give up our overall gross profit, so is this a viable option?
      Your thoughts?
    • By kjj475054
      What is best shop management software with a robust crm system?

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors