Quantcast

Joe Marconi

Christmas/Holiday/End of year Bonus?

I am curious to hear what other shop owners do for employee bonuses this time of year. I realize there is no one-size-fits all, mostly because we have shops of different sizes.

I don't have any special formula. I do show my appreciation for my employees and give a bonus. The amount of bonus depends on how well the company did for the year, how long the employee is employed and how well the employee did for the year. Younger techs may get a tool gift certificate.

I also take everyone out for dinner at a nice restaurant. Each employee can bring a guest.

We pay a cash bonus and give it out the Wednesday before Thanksgiving so they can take advantage of Black Friday type sales. The cash bonus comes from proceeds of scrap metal sales and soft drink machine revenue. We accumulate about $2500-$3000 which is divided among our technicians. A full years share is about $500.

I am curious to hear what other shop owners do for employee bonuses this time of year. I realize there is no one-size-fits all, mostly because we have shops of different sizes.

I don't have any special formula. I do show my appreciation for my employees and give a bonus. The amount of bonus depends on how well the company did for the year, how long the employee is employed and how well the employee did for the year. Younger techs may get a tool gift certificate.

I also take everyone out for dinner at a nice restaurant. Each employee can bring a guest.

We used to do Turkeys and Bonus. Now only bonus. We do up to $500.00 depending on how long a person has been here. Sometimes I wonder if it is really appreciated or just expected.

We used to do Turkeys and Bonus. Now only bonus. We do up to $500.00 depending on how long a person has been here. Sometimes I wonder if it is really appreciated or just expected.

Sometimes it does not seem to be appreciated. We also pay a monthly bonus based on gross shop sales. It begins at $75,000 and increased every $5,000 dollars by $25 topping out at $125.

Sometimes it does not seem to be appreciated. We also pay a monthly bonus based on gross shop sales. It begins at $75,000 and increased every $5,000 dollars by $25 topping out at $125.

We also do a monthly bonus if earned. It is based on the best month such as December versus all other Decembers. The bonus can range per person from $50-500. 1/2 is paid on their check and 1/2 goes to their Sar-Sep. Our Cpa said this was best, so we didn't have to pay taxes on the part that went to the Sar-Sep. It is an expense to the company.

We also take the employees and spouses out for a nice dinner. I keep track of what tools each tech has to borrow at different times during the year either from me or another tech and get specific tools for each tech to complete their tool inventory. I usually spend about $2-300 per tech and give the same amount in gifts or gift cards to the front office staff.