Quantcast

general heavy-duty 728x90

general heavy-duty 468x60

general heavy-duty 250x250

9/11 Remembered, Never Forgotten

Joe Marconi

9/11 Remembered, Never Forgotten

Today marks the 10th anniversary of that tragic day, when terrorists planned a viscous attack on America. It’s hard to believe it has been 10 years already. Being born and raised in New York, I watched those towers being built, I watched in horror when they fell.

The only good that came out of that day was the unity that brought an entire nation together. Political differences were set aside and we, as a nation of free people, collectively came together and shared in the pain. I have not seen such unity before that day and I am sad to say that I don’t see a lot of today.

It shouldn’t take a tragedy such as 9/11 to realize that we are livening in the greatest country this world has ever known. We have brave soldiers that have been fighting the war on terror for nearly a decade. They fight this war, as others have fought wars before them, to preserve our freedom and rights. Let us never forget those that sacrificed so much.

I hope everyone displays the American Flag today, wherever you may be. Show the people of the world that this great nation is, first and foremost a nation of free people, dedicated to the preservation of all the things that make America great.

God Bless America!

general heavy-duty 728x90

general heavy-duty 468x60

general heavy-duty 250x250

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      It's hard to believe that it's almost a year since COVID-19 hit.  And for many businesses, and repair shops, it's been a challenge.  While many areas around the country have not seen a downturn, there are other areas that have been harshly impacted.
      Areas such as mine have seen a decline in miles driven per customer of up to 50% or more.  Just consider working from home, the drastic decline of going out to dine and other activities, a decrease in after-school activities, a decease in youth sports, buying online and every other action that has become the norm, and it adds up to a negative impact for so many shops.
      NOW, you know ME.  I always put a positive spin on everything.  At this too shall pass. COVID-19 will be behind us and we need to prepare for great times ahead.  
      I urge everyone to focus on people: Your family, your employees, your customers, and the community.
      With regard to your customers, they will remember you and their experience long after the water pump or mass air filter you replaced in their car.  
      If you are having a decline in sales, here a few tips:  Establish your new goals, look at your expenses, reevaluate your breakeven, make sure your labor and part margins are in line.  BUT, never forget that your most important strategy is the culture of your business. 
      Lastly, cherish every minute with family.  This Crisis has brought Clarity. And let's never forget the things that money cannot buy. 

• By Joe Marconi
      I will never forget the day when a customer, who didn't like the price, took cash out of his pocket, crumbled up the cash, and threw the money at me. 
      This customer clearly crossed the line, in my opinion. 
      Before I tell the rest of this "true" story, I would like to hear from you: How would you have handled this situation? 

• By carmcapriotto
      Guest host and shop tour with Jae Malinowski, Faithfull Tirecraft, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Jae's shop has 5 shipping containers of customer tires. Find out why tires are an important part of his business.

Jae Malinowski, Faithfull Tirecraft, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Listen to Jae’s previous episodes HERE
      Key Talking Points
      Rebranding business, knowing who your customer is, and having a customer avatar Moving during COVID-19, leasing the current building Book recommendation Stolen Focus by Johann Hari- learn how to listen better, focus on the task at hand Tire storage- appointments twice a year 8k for a shipping container, Jae will cap at 6 containers on location.   
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      Let us all take time this Memorial Day weekend to remember and honor those who have died while serving in the United States Armed Forces, protecting this great nation! 

• Heavy Duty Parts Fleetcross
    • By carmcapriotto
      Guest host and a shop tour with Tom Schearer, Schearer's Sales and Service, Allentown, PA. Tom discusses the importance of leadership and focus. Empower your team with what to do, how to do it and why they are doing it.

Key Talking Points
      Focus on systems and processes and empower your team The owner has the responsibility for the results, but not the actual tasks Leadership- teaching what to do, how to do it, and the why behind doing it Tom bought his dream shop because he was focused on his business  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio

• Our Sponsors

Find your domain and create your site at Weebly.com!