Quantcast

Hello from Ohio

Mario

Hello AutoShopOwner forum members,

My name is Mario and I am starting a auto repair business in Massillon Ohio. I am currently in the process of purchasing a property that needs to be rehabbed and tooled. This is my first business I have tried to run. I actually finished college with a double major in Education - Secondary Social Studies & History. The job market is not there for teaching at the moment. I have always loved interacting with people, working on cars, and overcoming a challenge. I have been lurking the forums for a few months now reading threads trying to learn as much as I can. I hope I am able to contribute heavily to the forums here in the near future!

- Mario

Glad to have ya here! There's lots to do at ASO and always new articles and new things to read about. You'll find help from all aspects of running a repair shop to dealing with customers. Great site. keep in touch!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By carmcapriotto
      Daniel Griffith, Wally's Precision Auto Care, Las Vegas, NV
      Key Talking Points
      Finding, identifying, and connecting with the ideal customer and naming them (Jennifer and Clara)- what books are they reading? Who are they following on social media? What are their expectations?  Build out each phase of the customer experience process, and look at the highs and lows What parts of the process are easy and what parts are hard? Simplify that down as much as possible If something's not working, change it. It's that simple Hiring new employees- asked his current employees what they like about their job, then used their words on the job descriptions “Culture eats strategies for breakfast.” The average tenure of his current team is over 12 years  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever. And don’t miss the next free AAPEX webinar. Register now at AAPEXSHOW.COM/WEBINAR.

More Time. More Profit. Transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      Having been a shop owner for 41 years, I have lived through many economic swings, both good and bad.  I can tell you that increases in prices, from gas to food to new car prices, can prove to be a good thing for auto repair shops. 
      People tend to tighten their belts during tough economic times, but also understand that they need their cars in the best shape they can be to save on fuel and save on costly breakdowns. 
      How can you help your customers save on fuel costs and focus on preventive maintenance?  
    • By Joe Marconi
      With so many different models on the roads these days and the challenges of obtaining all the necessary training, tools, and technical information, should auto repair shops consider narrowing their focus on fewer makes and models?  
      Is "All Makes, All Models" really achievable today? 

• By WillieB
      hey all! I'm wondering if anyone knwos of any open source repair software? I'm a fan of wordpress as open source, gimp, open office so on I was hoping to find something to help manage a small shop with invoicing - similar to the big names but open source....anyone know of anything? 
    • Heavy Duty Parts Fleetcross
    • By Joe Marconi
      In a recent Wall Street Journal article, automakers are asking the European Union to hold off on their 2035 plan to ban the sale of gasoline-powered vehicles. Automakers state that the disruption would be too great for auto supply companies and that the charging infrastructure will not be ready in time for the ban. In addition, the shift would cause big job losses.  
      How do you feel about EVs? 

• Our Sponsors