Quantcast

SEMA Show - Las Vegas

Alex

Has anyone attended the SEMA show this year? If so...any feedback?

top_logo_semashow.gif

Tuesday, November 4 – Friday, November 7, 2008

LAS VEGAS CONVENTION CENTER, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA

The SEMA Show is the premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world (PLEASE NOTE: THE SEMA SHOW IS NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC). It draws the industry’s brightest minds and hottest products to one place, the Las Vegas Convention Center. As part of the AAIW, the SEMA Show attracts more than 100,000 industry leaders from over 100 countries for unlimited profit opportunities in the automotive, truck and SUV, marine and RV markets. SEMA Show 2006 drew over 50,000 domestic and international buyers through two million square feet of exhibits. The displays are segmented into 11 sections, and a New Products Showcase features more than 2,000 newly introduced parts, tools and components. In addition, the SEMA Show provides attendees with educational seminars, product demonstrations, special events, networking opportunities and more…

SEMA Show Web Site

• 4 months later...

general heavy-duty 728x90

general heavy-duty 468x60

general heavy-duty 250x250

Has anyone attended the SEMA show this year? If so...any feedback?

top_logo_semashow.gif

Tuesday, November 4 – Friday, November 7, 2008

LAS VEGAS CONVENTION CENTER, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA

The SEMA Show is the premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world (PLEASE NOTE: THE SEMA SHOW IS NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC). It draws the industry’s brightest minds and hottest products to one place, the Las Vegas Convention Center. As part of the AAIW, the SEMA Show attracts more than 100,000 industry leaders from over 100 countries for unlimited profit opportunities in the automotive, truck and SUV, marine and RV markets. SEMA Show 2006 drew over 50,000 domestic and international buyers through two million square feet of exhibits. The displays are segmented into 11 sections, and a New Products Showcase features more than 2,000 newly introduced parts, tools and components. In addition, the SEMA Show provides attendees with educational seminars, product demonstrations, special events, networking opportunities and more…

SEMA Show Web Site

Is anyone attending this show, this year?

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I went to the AAPEX & SEMA shows last month in Las Vegas. It was awesome. A chance to see the latest & greatest parts and products. I highly recommend the training that is available for shop owners and service advisors. The other shop owners I met were interesting and informed. They brought alot of great ideas to the discussions. Its hard to find this type & caliber of training.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      I have heard from a few shop owners, that they are afraid to send their techs to a training event because they fear that they will be recruited by another shop.  How do you feel about this?
      Perhaps it's time to sit down with your techs and see if all is ok?  People quit for a number of reasons. Should we get ahead of this, if this is a real problem these days? 

• By Joe Marconi
      While there are many different business models among all the automotive independent repair shops, what types of services or repairs give your auto repair shop the best ROI? 
      Preventive Maintenance Services? General Repairs, steering, suspension, brakes, etc.  Diagnostic/Electrical, etc. Or other? 
    • By carmcapriotto
      We are at the NAPA Expo joined by the 2022 Napa Technician of the Year, Meg Lewis. She is the first female winner and is a huge advocate for automotive training and reaching the youth in schools. I’m also joined by Matt Fanslow from the Diagnosing the Aftermarket A to Z Podcast. We discuss goals, passions, work-life balance and advice to women in the industry.
      Meg Lewis, BJ’s Automotive Diagnostic Center, Belfast, ME, NAPA Auto Care Technician of the Year 2022
      Key Talking Points
      Advocate for automotive training- starting as young as you can with schools, especially nurturing women Motivation- her Dad, Meg was tinkering with cars “Tinkerbell” and she expressed interest and fascination. Natural curiosity.  Worked previously in hospitality- learned customer service quickly  Goal-oriented person- be a technician and own her own shop as an endgame. The succession plan will be complete in 5 years as owner.  What do you love to do in the bays? Gets thrill from fixing something that is broken and helping customers.  Tool share program with local BDG group  Work-life balance- Meg’s two kids have always been supportive, brings kids to events  Advice- surround yourself with people that support you and your passions Attracting new hires- incentive program with basic knowledge in automotive, providing training/tools/toolbox to get them in the door. Growing your own technician.  ASE exams- tool for showing areas of improvement  Being the ‘winner’ shouldn't matter if you are a man or a woman  Advice to women- don’t be discouraged; you will face challenges. It will make you stronger  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      Most shop owners I speak to are having banner years. They are as busy as ever and booked with quality, profitable work. 
      With the uncertainty of the economy, will it last? Should shop owners prepare for a downturn? 
    • Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By Joe Marconi
      I will be at the Elite Invitational next week and also making a presentation on "Identifying Your Ideal Customer." 
      If you are attending the event, please let me know. I would enjoy getting together. 
      For more information, click the link below. 

• Our Sponsors