Quantcast

Joe Marconi

Don't be Afraid to Fail

Don't be afraid to fail

Is the fear of failure holding your business back from achieving even greater success? Every great person in history had to overcome failure. Thomas Edison tried over 1000 time to find the right element that would make the electric light bulb possible. Michael Jordon, one of the greatest Pro-basketball players of all time, accepted the fact that he like everyone else, fails from time to time.

You can only achieve great things in life and in business by trying. If you fail, so what, you now know what does not work and you move on and try again. That's the process of learning and success.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      The controversy is heating up as we move closer and closer to self-driving cars. Below is a link to an article in Body Shop Business Magazine.

http://www.bodyshopbusiness.com/aaa-survey-finds-three-quarters-of-americans-are-afraid-to-ride-in-a-self-driving-car/?eid=284835314&bid=1336714
    • By Fit
      I need advice! We only have 3 employees and they treat the ground like a huge dumpster can. I have reminded them to clean up so many times and they will clean up once I tell them to, but they wont do it unless its gotten to the point that I HAVE to tell them to. Should there be some sort of discipline? What do you guys do?
    • By alfredauto
      Recently we paid to have 10,000 sticky notes attached to the front page of the areas largest newspaper advertising tires with a coupon you had to mention to get the deal. 5x5" you couldn't miss it. I miss my money as nobody called. Sometimes great ideas amount to nothing.
    • By Joe Marconi
      Sometimes I feel like I’m alone on a deserted island. I charge for diagnostic analysis. Why? Because I know what cost is to buy the tools, equipment, information systems, training and pay a technician to professionally and accurately diagnosis a check engine light, air bag, ABS or any other complicated problem. But, I feel a lot of shops are willing to give this up in hopes to get the work. In my opinion all they are doing is digging themselves in a hole.

And, I have heard all the reasons:
      “If the customer gives me the job, I waive the analysis”.
      “I package the analysis into the repair, so the customer does not see the diag charges”
      “I will lose customers if I charge analysis”
      And the best yet: “It only took me 10 minutes to diag the O2 sensor, so I can’t charge diag labor”.

Waiving the analysis is the same as a doctor waiving the x-rays and blood tests. They don’t do it, we should not either. I will also challenge those who “package” the analysis into the repair. You mean to tell me that after taking 1 hour to find a faulty mass air sensor, you will add the 1 hour to the 5 minutes it takes to install a new mass air? Come on, we all know the truth.

And let’s address the 10 minutes it took to find the failed O2 sensor. Did it really take 10 minutes? NO, it took years of training, years of experience, the investment in the right equipment and the investment in the right information systems. Why we sometimes diminish what we are truly worth is amazing. No other profession does that.

Sorry for being so tough on this topic, but business is hard enough these days and people question everything. If shops don’t realize what they are giving up, it makes it bad for all of us.

Please tell me what you think. Agree? Disagree? Or any other thoughts....
    • By Ron Ipach
      How is is possible for two auto repair shop owners to be exposed to the exact same marketing and management information, at the exact same time, and even be located right across the street from each other - and one shop becomes wildly successful and the other one fails?

It took me years to figure this out, but I have the answer for you. Watch this 13-minute video that was recorded at The 'EVENT' for auto repair shop owners in Las Vegas last year.

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors