general heavy-duty 728x90

general heavy-duty 468x60

general heavy-duty 250x250

Rotary Lift Part Failure

xrac

Start LLC for $0 at IncFile

I do not know if it was cracked and we could have picked it up before hand or not. I really doubt it. The really hilarious part was this happend in the afternoon of a day they were were going to have our first and to this point only women's seminar at our shop. About 45 minutes after we got this truck down and got things under control we hosted 37 women at our shop for refreshments and a one and one-half hour seminar on how to care for their vehicles and not to be taken advantage of.

I'm glad you mentioned the women’s clinic. In April we will give our first ever women’s clinic. Can you give me some pointers on what you did and how it went? Also, if you have an outline of the seminar I would really appreciate it. Any tips would help.

(BTW: I didn’t mean to want to minimize the lift incident)

We ask vendors for door prizes to give away. We had stuff like hats, T-shirts, flashlights, jumper cables, road side emergency kits, etc. We registered all of the women and drew names through the evening plus we had give aways for everyone who came. My wife made hot spiced apple cider and we served cider, cookies, and coffee. We had four people speak during the event: myself, my service manager, a technician, and the main vendor who donated. We talked about basic stuff, needed maintenance, and how to keep from getting ripped off. We also took them out in the shop and showed them how to check the oil and fluids, how to check tire pressures, and how to changing a tire. We used an SUV that had to have a tired lowered down and told them hey needed to find the location of these on their vehciles. It was all very basic stuff but presented in a friendly entertaining manner. There was no selling. We had a great evening and everyone loved it and we picked up business from it. We intended to do 3-4 per year but we dropped the ball and haven't done one since. I don't really have an outline or anything.

Thanks, very helpful information. Please keep us updated on the lift issue. I hope this is an isolated incident.

• 3 months later...

When I saw this I was very thankful no one was injured when we had our lift failure.

'

That is sad. Sometime mechanics get too comfortable or just make stupid mistakes. When I worked at the Ford Dealer in the 1970's, we had 2 cars fall off the lifts, all due to human error,

• 2 weeks later...

'

That is sad. Sometime mechanics get too comfortable or just make stupid mistakes. When I worked at the Ford Dealer in the 1970's, we had 2 cars fall off the lifts, all due to human error,

If it's ok, I'm going to post a couple of these pictures on my gallery page on my website. Gonzo

My biggest disappointment was that I never heard anything back from Rotary about the failure.

Looks to me like who ever put it on the lift had it way to far forward for an "A" symetric lift.

I guessed it could have slipped to that point. But, I doubt it.... I always make it a habit to "jiggle" the car when it's on the first ladder lock. If it sounds funny, wiggles to much, or even seems off balance... it's sure to be worse when it's up in the air.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...