You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      I hear so many mixed opinions about yelp. And not just from the auto repair shops. There are restaurants that love Yelp, others say it did nothing. I also read that the laws suits against Yelp was found in favor of Yelp, and that their business practice does not extort businesses.

I know this is an old topic, but does anyone have a solid experience they can relate to me. A real-life experience, not hearsay. Thanks in advance.
    • By flacvabeach
      I'm a classic British car fanatic who drives a 1969 Morris Minor 6cwt utility van on a daily basis. It took me a while to warm up to the new-fangled idea of hybrid cars, but now that I have some training and service experience under my belt, I have developed an admiration for the technology, especially as applied in the Toyota Prius. As most of you know there are a myriad of applications of so-called hybrid technology, some as simple as using the generator as a motor to supply a little more zip and perform auto-stop. Toyota, in my opinion, got it right in the Prius. It's an amazing integration of gas and electric power to make it go and make it stop, all of it so transparent to the driver that they decided to show a little movie of what's powering what as you drive down the road. Fascinating stuff. But the crowning glory to me is the transmission. it's usually advertised as a CVT and, if you're like most techs, you cringe a little when you hear that. Special fluids, start clutches, metal belts, shuddering as you accelerate and the near certainty of limited life make you think seriously about the value of this supposed innovation. But the Prius CVT is a completely different animal that uses a principle that can be a little hard to grasp. It's a planetary gear that is in constant mesh with no slip/friction components involved. What prompted me to post this is a neat website I found that describes the operation of the tranny in detail. It's at http://eahart.com/prius/psd/ and it even has a little widget that let's you "shift the gears" and see the results. It's no wonder that, since they improved the traction battery starting with the Gen2 in 2004, these little guys are just about bulletproof and it's not unusual to find them humming happily along at 250,000 plus.
    • By xrac

Premium Member Content 

This content is hidden to guests, one of the benefits of a paid membership. Please login or register to view this content.

• By Milehigh
      As I get ready to launch a new business, I wonder how many owners utilize Commercial Account Representatives to solicit commercial or fleet work. The facility we are considering (10 bays) sits between two towns that have approximately 2200 registered businesses. I believe we can capture our fair share of the commercial business if we make it a priority and go after it. However, I'm concerned with the overhead costs of a account representative. Does anyone have experience with using commercial account representatives to solicit commercial work? What salary model do you use--commission, base+commission, salary. As always, I appreciate your experience and input.
    • Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By xrac

Premium Member Content 

This content is hidden to guests, one of the benefits of a paid membership. Please login or register to view this content.

• Our Sponsors

Flash Sale + Social Proof