Quantcast

I've been criticized recently for efforts to increase our exposure, perceived value in our product/service offerings and strategies to increase ARO.

The question I'm met with is "Don't you think you're making too much $ on every job?"

These individuals saying this don't comprehend that the basic principles of business. When McDonald's began asking "would you like fries and a coke with that?" there bottom line as a company tripled over night and there customers were perfectly happy overall.

There is nothing wrong with upselling. There is nothing wrong with adding convenience, quality, exposure and/or decreasing non-value adding/unnecessary costs.

Go determine your business model & pricing system, be honest and go make as much money as possible with integrity!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Increase auto repair sales by adding to the cart

Retail stores have known for a long time that adding or increasing the size of shopping carts also increases sales. Consumers may go to the store with a list, but as they pass through the aisles, having a cart makes it easy to add to that list.  While your repair shop does not use shopping cart, the same strategy can used. Every customer that books an appointment as done so with some sort of list; an oil change service, a brake issue, tire rotation, etc.  Through an effective multipoint inspection and looking at service schedules, you can make suggestions to your customers that can add to their cart; essentially increasing sales per vehicle. One last thing: Always make service and repair suggestions to the customer that is in their best interest and have value, and you can’t go wrong.  It’s actually great customer service. 

By Joe Marconi, in Joe’s Business Tips For Shop Owners

• 0 replies
    • Shop Owners: You don’t have to answer every question for your employees

As shop owners, we sometimes feel that we need to answer every question and handle every situation. While you need to be proficient as a business owner, you also need your employees to think for themselves.  Empower your people to solve problem.  Ask them for their opinions and don’t be too quick to jump in on every situation.  The more you jump in and solve their problems, the more they will rely on you. This is not to say you don’t have their back; but a team functions best when everyone takes ownership of their position and takes responsibility to take care of problems. Will employees make mistakes? Yes.  But there isn’t a shop owner on this planet that has a perfect record at making decisions.  We all make mistakes. As a shop owner; teach, mentor and coach.  Include your employees in on decisions that relate to their job position.  When employees feel you trust them, they will begin to solve their own problems. This will set you free to work on the things that will bring you greater success.

By Joe Marconi, in Joe’s Business Tips For Shop Owners

• 2 replies
    • Best Interview Question?

I was wondering what is your best interview question? I know the collective mind of ASO is full of wisdom and great ideas. Maybe the best interview question you SHOULD have asked. I figure by the end of this thread we will all have a few fresh questions for that next applicant.

By Shopcat, in Human Resources, Payroll and Training

• 3 replies
    • 5 Critical Marketing Strategies for Shops

See how auto repair shop owners answer this question; “What are the most critical marketing strategies for auto repair shops, whether you’re starting out or have been in business for years?”  Click here to read their answers: http://blog.repairpal-shops.com/marketing/5-critical-marketing-strategies-for-shops/

By rmiller, in Marketing, Advertising, & Promoting

• 0 replies
    • Time/Calendar Management Strategies for Staff

How do you train your advisors and your technicians on time management?   We're a small shop (2 bays, 1 advisor, 1 tech and myself who doesn't wrench). I was asked today if we could call in an additional technician to help with the extra work tomorrow. I asked them how much work is on the schedule, they said hours of inspections and diags. I told them to inspect and diag everything in the morning and schedule out the repairs with the client from there. "Diag in the morning, repair in the afternoon" as I've heard it said and that always made sense to me. My little crew is willing to go the extra mile to get things done but don't seem to have the tools of time/scheduling management to do this as effectively as I'd like to see. Is there a resource out there to help teach the fundamentals of scheduling?  Thanks.

By totalautocare, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 1 reply
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors