Quantcast

When do you put your foot down and say enough is enough with a customer?

Curious on how you guys feel about appeasing certain customers.

As a general policy we go through great lengths for our clients when they are unhappy in the form of free services and sometimes parts depending on the situation. We are very conscious of customer's expectations and putting ourselves in their shoes to make sure that at the end of the day they felt like they were taken care of.

One thing I do not stand for is customers being complete jerk offs to my staff. If you come into my business and treat people with no respect then all bets are off. Even at the cost of a bad review that's where I put my foot down.

I think Joe wrote an article a while back about a customer being rude to one of his service advisors. Anyway, I'd say definitely stand up for your employees! First, there is no excuse for someone to be like that to an employee. Second, I think your entire staff is probably watching how you handle the situation. If you don't have their back, I would I think you risk losing their loyalty and respect. Good employees are hard enough to find, the last thing you want is a rude customer running them off.

• Like 2

We call those customers 1 % 's . They do not fit our morals valves etc... We bend over backwards to keep customers happy . But their is a very small percentage you should avoid. I believe direct unemotional communication is the best defense. Sorry we are not the shop for you if you want to supply your own parts.... haggle the price after you agreed to the estimate. nice to meet you , though have a nice life!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

A little late to the convo but we dont believe in "The customer is always right"---it simply is not always true.

We hold our customers on the same level as our employees. Both are vital to our success. If a customer is wrong, we'll let them know and if we have to, we stick up for our employee. If the employee is wrong, we make it right with the customer. 

• Like 1