Quantcast

All of us have, or will have an abandoned vehicle. Here it is easier to get an abandoned title than place a lien against a vehicle. So what are you charging for storage? I am currently $25 a day.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Enhanced your vehicle multipoint inspections with Video

Has any signed up or know of this product? "Truvideo" BG has partnered with a company called Truvideo.  The process allows you to take a short video of the car and document any issues. The video is then sent to the customer, either thru a text message or email. The tech or service advisor narrates the video.  The customer can see on video things like worn brakes, worn tires, a leaking hose, etc.   I think that this has its place in the multipoint process. Below is a link for more information. Your thoughts? https://www.bgprod.com/programs/truvideo/  

By Joe Marconi, in The Customer Experience

• 7 replies
    • Negative review while serving vehicle

Hello all, Has this ever happened to any of you? We recently went out of our way to accommodate a customers' vehicle repair request. Though the customer was argumentative about pricing, hours charged, parts used etc, they ultimately agreed to the repairs. About an hour or so later, we receive notifications of several 0 or 1 star reviews on many social websites including Yelp, Google, Yahoo, Facebook....... you name it they had an account or made a new account to put their side of the story out there.  How would you handle this? Do you feel obligated to complete the said repair?  Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.   Nick 

By CAautogroup, in General Automotive Discussion

• 15 replies
    • Damage to customers vehicle

How do you handle if a customer comes in a says their windshield wasn't cracked when they brought it in, have a blow out while driving a car, etc?   my techs are noting this on our courtesy inspection if they see any damage prior to service. Today I had a customer return they told me their windshield was cracked on one side when they brought it in but not on the other. I explained to her that we notate all damage and I would be happy to review our security cameras to check. Check the footage and have a clear shot of the tech pulling up with no crack after the repairs. The windshield was replaced earlier this year and the quality is below par as they didn't reinstall the hood trim at the corners of the hood and windshield. My guess is it was cracked at the corner at installation and with the weather changes this week it cracked. This is the first time this customer has been in since 2015. We also have a clause on our invoices that we aren't responsible for fire, theft, articles left in vehicles, any damage or acts of God.    Weve only had this come up a few times over 16 years but wanted everyone's opinion on how you would handle.

By spencersauto, in General Automotive Discussion

• 22 replies
    • Charging for everything?

I was wondering how many shops charge for everything that goes into a repair? For example, zip ties, dielectric grease, clamps, bulbs, fuses, heat shrink , butt connectors, etc. It seems to me some shops have a "shop supplies" charge and let it go at that. Other shops do a great job of getting everything on the invoice and then also have a "job supplies" ( not shop supplies, because it is for the job, not shop ) to cover consumables.  Of the shops that are getting everything on the invoice, what is your advice on making that happen? How do you do it?

By Shopcat, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 17 replies
    • Improving ARO thru vehicle inspections

I am looking for shops that implemented or improved their inspection process. What made you decide to take action? How did you make the change? What result were achieved? There are so many shops that think they need more car count, when what they really need is to MAKE the cars count.

By Shopcat, in General Automotive Discussion

• 12 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors