Quantcast

Welcome and Thanks!

Tony M

Flash Sale + Social Proof

I want to thank Autoshopowner for finally creating a web site that shop owners can go to share ideas and opinions with their fellow shop owners. We trained hard to become great techs, but now we need to become more business-like. Welcome, all new comers and let’s get started and network!

Thank you Tony, for taking part in what we think, will be the premier online network for automotive shop owners. We wanted to create an environment where shop owners could work together towards a common goal and help one another be as successful as possible.

• 1 month later...
Thank you Tony, for taking part in what we think, will be the premier online network for automotive shop owners. We wanted to create an environment where shop owners could work together towards a common goal and help one another be as successful as possible.

only being a member for 2 days i see great potential here, a very well structured site but, not enough active member participation. topics are of concern to all small buss. owners and is is essential to share to ward off the "corporate chains" attack,my motto "quality work and service are not expensive they're priceless" thanks joe

only being a member for 2 days i see great potential here, a very well structured site but, not enough active member participation. topics are of concern to all small buss. owners and is is essential to share to ward off the "corporate chains" attack,my motto "quality work and service are not expensive they're priceless" thanks joe

Thanks for the feedback, we are a very new site and are looking forward to more participation from our current and future members. :D

Great to have all new members aboard. The inner power of our industry is what we need to bring to the surface. The independent shop owners are in a real dogfight. The service and repair pie keeps getting smaller. The good news is that we still hold the market share and we still are the preferred choice of the motoring public. But, we cannot rest on what we have, but find ways to increase our market share.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      For the first time in a VERY LONG time, I see a lot of positive news with regard to labor rates.  More and more shop owners and managers are crunching their numbers and increasing their labor rates to better ensure their companies achieves a profit and also to be able to pay their employees what they deserve. 
      Profit is needed in order to build for the future and to be able to attract quality people. 
      I really think that this is perhaps the best time in our recent history to revisit your labor rates and bottom line and adjust your rates accordingly.  
      Have you adjusted your labor rates recently, or plan on it? 

• By Joe Marconi
      As a former auto shop owner, one of the things that kept me up at night was not knowing enough about all the labor laws and human resource regulations.  
      How do you keep up with all the changes to the labor laws and human resource regulations in your state? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      Most communities have a variety of repair shops, dealerships, and franchise models.  Do you consider them the competition, or colleagues?
      Do you think it's worth it to get to know other auto businesses in your community?  To share and exchange business ideas and strategies?

• By carmcapriotto
      Guest Host and Shop Tour with Todd Cole, TC Auto Service, Corpus Christi, TX. Four years ago Todd left his medical sales job and became the new owner of TC Auto Service.
      Todd Cole, TC Auto Service, Corpus Christi, TX.
      Key Talking Points
      Was in medical device sales but looking to make a change. His great grandfather, grandfather, and father were all in the automotive business Was a customer of the business and bought the business from the owner (who was 80 years old) Senior tech has been with the business for over 30 years- loves to teach and help others, maintains quality. He is a mentor for apprentices.  ‘Running out of concrete' as they started growing- purchased satellite location  7 lifts total Look at productivity by technician weekly- scoreboard with names listed, fun competition Drive through lanes with vehicles- 3 lanes  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By Transmission Repair

Premium Member Content 

This content is hidden to guests, one of the benefits of a paid membership. Please login or register to view this content.

• Our Sponsors

Start LLC for $0 at IncFile