Quantcast

I have received several sales calls from them over the past couple weeks. Typical telemarketer call, local number with weak sales pitch. How many of you guys are using their services?

I signed up and got a free d&b # 17 years ago in order to set up a commercial UPS account. They (UPS) refused to process my application without it. So far I've thrown out every letter from D&B wanting me to pay, but maybe I'm missing something? I obtained many commercial credit lines and nobody ever asked me for it, except UPS.

D&B was important when I ran an environmental business and needed it for bonding and contracts and establishing credit with a lot of out of town vendors. Since I have been in this business I ignore D&B.

D & B number is free, but they want to sell you services to monitor your D & B rating - like a credit score for businesses. You need the D & B number to apply for government contracts, etc., but it's up to you if you want to buy their services.

I have also received these sales calls from D&B. I had already signed up and received my free DUNS # and have not spent any money on them. Also, I am surprised to hear that AlfredAuto had to have one to get the UPS account. I got on their website and had one on 5 minutes. It was very easy to get the account set up, and they even give me a volume based discount, since I have an Ebay store and ship with them frequently. I also have a FedEx account as well, but used it mainly to leverage better pricing from UPS.

Jamie