Quantcast

Jeff

Is 2016 the year?

Every year I swear the next year is the one that will be the "break out" year. I am spending this week reviewing my business for last year and planning for the new year. My biggest goal this year is to DOUBLE my gross sales! Secondly will be to buy a building if possible. Third is to be debt free (shy the building). Lofty goals...you bet. But I find myself being the "shop that will help you out" and it is not leading to the profits I need to be seeing. I love helping folks but the time has come to help myself! I don't plan to be a grumpy old man just gotaa be firm and profitable!

To that end I want to thank every one here in ASO for your help, guideance and most of all your FRIENDSHIP! You dont know (or maybe you do) how much this all means to me!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANNK YOU!!! Giod bless and heres to a FANTASTIC 2016!

• Like 3

Jeff, I wish you well and much success! Happy 2016!

I think you can achieve your goal, and it is much doable if you focus and wish to pull it through. If I may, let me share a tip for you that may help you meet your goal for 2016.

Take small deposits for the work you can pre-sell, try this and see if it helps you keep busy and profitable. For example, if the customer's car needs a timing belt and water pump for $650, tell them that if you are willing to take $xx off if they leave you a $10 or $15 dollar non refundable deposit. Play with the numbers until you find your sweet spot. Adjust your terms as to what works best for you.

I learned this from another gentleman that told me the secret to this is that people do not like to "lose" little money, they will return just for the sake of using up their deposit.

Every year I swear the next year is the one that will be the "break out" year. I am spending this week reviewing my business for last year and planning for the new year. My biggest goal this year is to DOUBLE my gross sales! Secondly will be to buy a building if possible. Third is to be debt free (shy the building). Lofty goals...you bet. But I find myself being the "shop that will help you out" and it is not leading to the profits I need to be seeing. I love helping folks but the time has come to help myself! I don't plan to be a grumpy old man just gotaa be firm and profitable!

To that end I want to thank every one here in ASO for your help, guideance and most of all your FRIENDSHIP! You dont know (or maybe you do) how much this all means to me!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANNK YOU!!! Giod bless and heres to a FANTASTIC 2016!

You are always in control over your own destiny. So, your strategy of looking back and planning for the future is sound. Having goals and putting a plan together is the only way to achieve what you want out of life.

As far as helping people, you do that every day by providing quality service at a fair price. We sometimes confuse our mindset. Too many shop owners think that helping others is sacrificing the income we need and deserve. Set your pricing strategy to be probable and stick with it. Continue to bring value to your customers. Your best customers and future profile customers look at value, not price. There is a difference.

Break down every aspect of your business. Clearly write down your goals and break down those goals into smaller short term goals, which will be the pathway to achieve you Long Term Goals. Review these goals often. Keep them at your finger tips.

Lastly, know your numbers. Know preciously what is needed to achieve your overall objective.

No one knows what the future will bring. But the best way to get out of life what you want is to help create the future. This is what you are doing. Good Luck!

What you believe, you can achieve!

I'm in the same situation, I hope 2016 is the year for me also. I've learned a lot in the last couple months, and finished the year pretty good, the last couple weeks hit a rough patch. I'm trying to recoup from that and focus like I was. I'd also like to double my numbers this year, the last 2 months I hit numbers close to what I needed to do that so as long as I can keep going I should be there.

• Like 1

Jeff, good for you setting high goals for yourself and your shop. I certainly don't have all the answers for you but my company recently put out an e-book that has a lot of information about growing your business and improving sales. We currently work with glass shops, so I am not trying to sell anything but there are good tips that could very easily translate to an auto shop. http://content.gtsservices.com/improve-your-sales-ebook

Goal setting is important! Set realistic goals that challenge you every day but are not too far out of reach. You need achievable goals that will make you work your ass off to hit but don't make them so hard that you won't achieve them. I have been setting sales goals for my service adviser team and we review them daily (multiple times a day), weekly and at the end of the month. It has really helped us out a lot.

• Like 1